Question about D-Link DI-604 4-Port Cable/DSL Router (DI-604) Broadband (di-604 (dont quote)) Bridge
When Internet icon is clicked, message comes up "limited or no connectivity. to view available wireless networks you can then try connecting to petaphil again or try connecting to a different network. If you've set up this network try resetting your router
1) Your Network or DSL router may have bad or missing information. Powercycle your router and/or rebuild the configuration in your router.
2) Double-check your cabling to the computer. Make sure you have the correct type of cabling, straight-through CAT 5 or possibly a crossover cable and try another cable or test the cable to make sure its working properly.
3) Check your network card to make sure its configured correctly and working properly. Many times setting the network card to 10Mbps/Full Duplex will solve this issue. To do this, open Control Panel, System, Device Manager. Go to the properties of the Network card, click on the Advanced tab and find the Link Speed and Duplex section. Change it from Auto Detect to 10Mbps/Full Duplex.
4) Check and test your firewall. Your firewall, especially if its a software firewall like ZoneAlarm, Black Ice, Norton Firewall or something else could be blocking the connection. Disable your firewall and test the connection. You may have to resolve the problem by even uninstalling and reinstalling the firewall.
5) Check your IP address assignments and workgroup settings in the computer for accuracy. Statically assign IPs to the computers in your network.
6) Reset your TCP/IP stack by downloading and running WinsockXPFix.exe a Visual Basic program designed to fix corrupted TCP/IP issues, host file problems and a variety of other connectivity issues.
Posted on Nov 19, 2008
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jan 16, 2013 | Acer Aspire 3690 Notebook
on May 19, 2010 | Computers & Internet
Locate the Wireless LAN switch located on the front of your Acer Notebook.
Move the switch to the right to turn on Wireless connections.
Right-click the network icon located on the system tray next to the clock.
You should see a list of available wireless networks.
Select the network you want to connect to and click "Connect."
Power on the Acer Aspire laptop.
Right-click the wireless Internet icon in the lower right corner of the desktop.
Select "Enable" from the pull-down menu.
Right-click the wireless icon again.
Select to view all available wireless networks in the area.
Momentarily a window appears with all of the available Wi-Fi networks.
Select the Wi-Fi network you want to connect to, then type in the password (if required).
Click "Connect," and your Acer Aspire computer connects to the Internet.
hope this helps
Oct 11, 2012 | Acer Aspire 3620 5560 TravelMate 2400 2420...
Feb 15, 2011 | HP Compaq Presario F500 F700 and G6000...
Jul 30, 2009 | Toshiba Satellite Pro L300-EZ1501 Notebook
May 16, 2009 | Dynamode (R-ADSL-C4-W) Wireless Router
Jul 29, 2008 | Linksys WRT54GX2 Wireless-G Broadband...
Jul 12, 2008 | Linksys Wireless-G WRT54G Router
May 17, 2008 | Dell Inspiron 6000 Notebook
Feb 24, 2012 | D-Link DI-604 4-Port Cable/DSL Router...
280 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!