Question about Televison & Video
I have bought my husband some UK DVD's but we cant play them on our Australian Magnavox MDVD65. I've been told you can unlock some players, is mine one of those....please!!
1. Make sure there is no DVD in the drive. The player must be empty. Turn on the player, (the Samsung logo appears)
2. Press the SUBTITLE button on your remote
3. With your remote enter the code: 76884
4. The current region is displayed on the top left corner of the screen. (e.g. 4)
5. Press 9 on your remote (Region free)
6. Again press the SUBTITLE button on your remote
7. Enjoy the Region free player
If your player is NOT Region 4 by default then you will need to Substitute the Numbers in Step 3 with the ones Below.
RC 1: 2, 9, 3, 3, 4
RC 2: 3, 8, 7, 6, 7 (or 5, 7, 5, 3, 8 )
RC 3: 5, 6, 7, 3, 2
RC 4: 7, 6, 8, 8, 4
RC 5: 5, 3, 8, 1, 4
RC 6: 2, 4, 4, 6, 2
For Example if your Player was Purchased in the USA ( Which is Region 1) then Step 3 would read :-
3. With your remote enter the code: 29334
Posted on Jan 29, 2008
HI this works as i have unlocked my own Sanyo HV-DX350A player with it Hope it works for you
Unlock region code for Sanyo HV-DX350A DVD/Video player.
1. Turn on unit
2. Select DVD
3. Open tray
4. Press 0520 then in sequence press arrow up, down, left and right.
5. The region management screen is displayed on your monitor ( Code is displayed on the unit LCD display).
6. Note - Your current EEPROM region code setting is displayed on the screen.
7. Enter desired Region Code ( 0 for multi region).
8. Press PAUSE to exit.
9. Turn power off and turn on again.
If you repeat steps 1 to 4, you can view your new setting.
Posted on Mar 10, 2008
Go to videohelp.com and search on the model number - the sequence of remote control keys to press to change the region code is there. It worked well for me, so I could play US DVDs on my UK region machine.
Posted on Sep 13, 2009
After getting clarification from Fixya I can pass the links below to you to check yourself
Some players are harder than others to do this but you may want to try here or here
Toshiba's and JVC's are the harder ones to do
I use a Phillips myself as it is not only cheaper but has much more going for it than many of the higher end units. i throw anything at it and it just plays
The older the unit that harder it is to do the region free thing with.
I let my EX have the panasonic (big grin)
If you cant find a fix then look at the codes available for cheaper brands and how easy it is to do it before you purchase one.
Posted on Sep 16, 2009
SOURCE: hi.. I have broken my
You do not need only Magnavox remote any universal remote will work
Buy a universal remote and follow the procedure in the universal remote to use it
You can find the universal codes from below link
Posted on Mar 05, 2011
Tips for a great answer:
Jun 14, 2012 | Televison & Video
Dec 20, 2010 | Magnavox DV220MW9 DVD Player VCR
Dec 11, 2009 | Philips Magnavox DVD Player MWD200F
May 08, 2009 | Samsung DVD-HR730 DVD Recorder/HDD...
Mar 31, 2009 | Televison & Video
Dec 13, 2008 | Sony PlayStation 2 (PS2) Console
Nov 03, 2007 | Televison & Video
113 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!