- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Many camcorders brands used a surface mount capacitor that has a shelf life that lasts about 5-7 years or so. At the moment all those caps are going bad all through the cam. I would replace all or none.
For Models: CC6254, CC6364, CC6374, CC6384, CC6394
The Counter Memory function, which makes it easier to locate a specific tape segment, has been activated. To disable, press COUNTER R/M for less than one second until M disappears.
The tape may also stop because it has reached the beginning or end of the tape, depending of course on whether you are fast-forwarding or rewinding.
For Models: CC6254, CC6364, CC6374, CC6384, CC6394, CC9360, CC9370, CC9373
There may be a simple solution. Do the following:
* Turn your camcorder's power off, then disconnect the power source (battery or AC adapter).
* Remove the clock battery, if equipped with one.
* Wait a few minutes, then reinstall the clock battery. Reconnect or install the power source — battery or AC.
* Then try turning on the power again.
For Models: CC6254, CC6364, CC6374, CC6384, CC6394.
When using Quick Review to check the end of your last recording, some distortion at the beginning of the playback is normal.
When using the Retake mode to record a scene, the video may darken or become monochromic. Noise bars may also appear. This is normal.