Question about Kenmore 80809 Microwave Oven
Its sounds like the magnetron. If it was a voltage problem, or something else in the circuit, there would be no power to it as a safety feature. You could get it serviced, but depending on what they run in your area, you might just be better off getting a new one.
Posted on Nov 18, 2008
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Dec 09, 2017 | GE Microwave Ovens
Apr 19, 2017 | LG Microwave Ovens
Nov 27, 2014 | Emerson Microwave Ovens
Jan 31, 2013 | GE JVM1650 1000 Watts Microwave Oven
Mar 14, 2012 | Maytag MMV1164WB Microwave Oven
Sep 07, 2011 | Microwave Ovens
It sounds like the magnetron may have
either failed or is not being supplied with the extremely high
voltage required to run it.
SAFETY IS PARAMOUNT
This is a job for a professional but if
you are safety clued up, here's instruction.
Make sure the !!!!capacitor is discharged!!!!! before attempting any sort of repair.
Check the door interlock switches first then the high voltage diode with either an AVO model 8 or moving coil meter on high resistance range for short circuit, (DVM's won't show the fault!), the capacitor can fail and go short circuit, the feed fuse on the primary of the high voltage transformer and then finally, the magnetron is best checked by substitution.
Hope that helps.
Feb 08, 2011 | Kenmore 62702 Microwave Oven
Jan 23, 2011 | Welbilt MR99T Microwave Oven
Nov 20, 2010 | Kenmore Microwave Ovens
Nov 13, 2010 | KitchenAid KCMS1555RSS Stainless Steel...
115 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: