When the power is turned on I would hear sound and then the screen would go off but the power light will still be on. I would the turn off and on again. Doing this four or five times would return sound and picture to normal. The symptoms got progressively worse wher I was turning the set off and on with the remote 30-40 times to correct the screen. After about 2 monts it then started clicking in the beginning of the process. And at three months this no longer works. Now when you turn the T.V. on there is only a high pitch ping or clicking sound and the power light does not come on at all.
An expert who has achieved level 2 by getting 100 points
An expert that got 10 achievements.
An expert that got 5 achievements.
An expert that has over 500 points.
Re: Problems with sound, video , and powering on
This could have started as a loose solder connection or a capacitor going bad inside the set. By now you probably have a shorted transistor and maybe a defective power IC as well. At this time of year when there are bargains to be had for new TV's, I would just replace it as the repair would likely be over $100.
A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones). click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. Good luck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Power Issues Troubleshooting *NOTE* LG & Vizio TVs must be plugged in for 5 minutes before it will turn on*
1. Inspect ALL Ribbons and connectors. Any tears or bad connections between boards must be replaced FIRST
2. If you have any of these boards, it should be the first board to be replaced
A) T-Con Board - Video Problems (No Video with standby light on, audio but no video, grainy, distorted, or color problems in screen)
B) X or Y Buffer Board (Plasma TVs only) - Standby light is on but no power
C) Backlight Inverter / LED Driver - No Video with standby light on
3. Main Video Board
- Standby light is on but no power
- Either video or audio does not work (if no T-Con in TV. If audio but no video it is T-Con)
4. Power Board - No power AND standby light does NOT turn on. If standby light is on try other boards above
5. Panel - No power, distorted picture, lines, slow motion, half screen, faded in / out. Panel problems are usually not worth replacing the panel.
1. When you press the power button to turn it on, do you see any thing on screen, like the toshiba boot up screen or something like that. Or is it completely blank (black color) always.
2. Can you see a faint image of your desktop (try to see it in dark place with flash light). This is important to confirm.
3. Also, when you press power button, do you see the LED lights on laptop blinking or solid green (which ones are in blinking/solid) and do hear any sound ? Or do you feel that your laptop doesnt even try to boot.
4. Can you hear any Beeps when you try to turn on the computer. If yes, what is the sequence of those beeps.
If you answers are -
2. no image
3. only the satellite light is blue, the powercord is blue and the battery is blue
4. no noise
Please do the following carefully and let me know result : 1. Shutdown and Unplug your laptop. 2. Remove the battery from the laptop. 3. Wait 2-3 minutes 4. Now press ON (power button on laptop) for 1 minute 5. Then release the finger and wait one more minute. 6. Now plug in the power cable (dont insert battery yet) and press ON button. 7. Did your screen start working now ? (do you see windows loading)
I believe the sound you hear is simple static, if there are no power buttons showering where they should, look for a bad power adapter, make sure it is on, see a light? next check your battery. Now past this you have a problem inside of your laptop, as in a bad motherboard or bad video chip....
Now tv turn on have power LED and OPC LED lights indications flashes together?Yes,this problems,it is the tv Tuner signal board it is causes and the problems.That the board where the incomming broadcasting signal cable plug into it.If turn tv on.No power LED light or any kind LED lights at all.Yes.Than the tv power supply board that the cause and the problems,that the board where the tv power a/c cord plug into it.U have some basic mechanicals skills like take things aparts and putting it back together again?Yes,tries websites like Shopjimmy.com,Ebay.com to buy a whole refurbish tv Tuner signal board or tv power supply board for the replacement.
Your tv screen has problems with the video mode that has setted up on your ps3, hold the power button till hear two beeps, this will reset the video mode of the ps3, and leavse you at a screen to set up the video mode of the ps3.
If you have any of the following problems you may want to check the site www.tvrepairkits.com for a repair kit. Most of the issue below are fairly common with the older Magnavox projection sets.
Symptom: Screen shrinks and expands - may or may not correct itself after the TV warms up. After a few days, weeks, or months of having the shrinking/expanding problem you may loose all audio/video but the power light will remain lit!
(Note: The below symptoms typicaly occurs after having the expanding/shrinking screen problem above)
Symptom: No Audio or Video but power light is on Symptom: Audio works but no Video. Power light still work Symptom: No Video. Audio is intermittent. Power light still works