I have acer aspire one notebook today my younges daughter managed to get toothpaste over the top right hand keys of tthe laptop. I cleaned the keys straight away and tested them to see if all was still working inwhich they were. However on turning the laptop back on a few hours later the backspace key started not to work then the del key and eventually none of them seemed to work. Also i couldnt turn it off using the switch. So i undid the battery then put it back in now when i start it up i get a quick flash of the acer sign then a blank screen. Is this repairable or do i need to contact my insurers please help my eldest daughter has only had it a month.
You might be able to fix it by taking the battery off and popping off the keys and cleaning underneath the keys with gentle cleaner - that worked for me when i got sticky keys from orange juice; but be gentle when you take the keys off as they are on very fragile hinges and you don't want to break them...also - be sure that anything you do from here on out may void your warranty
a 6ya Technician can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US. click here to Talk to a Technician (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. Goodluck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Acer (General) - FN+F5
Aspire 1000/1640Z/1690/2012 - Launch Keys above the keyboard
Aspire 16xx (General) the satellite-like launch button above the keyboard
Aspire 2000 Series (less Aspire 2012, See Above) - Button on the Front of the Laptop
Aspire 3005 on the lower right-hand side of your laptop
Aspire 3500 -
Aspire 5612 sliding button on the side of the laptop
Aspire 9302 the blue button on the left-hand side of the laptop
Aspire 94xx (General) the key found below the Lock key
Aspire One, in the lower right corner of the palm rest is a small
strip with a picture of an antenna on it. An LED to the right of the
strip lights to indicate the wireless is turned on.
Aspire One Series ZG5 -
Extensa 2000/2500 Series - Far Right launch button above the keyboard
Ferrari 3000/3020/3400/4000 - Button on Front of Laptop
Travelmate C Series - Far Left hot key and then choose WLAN from menu that appears
The Acer Launch Manager needs to be running for the 'e' key to work. To run the Acer Launch manager, do these 3 steps:
* Click the windows start button (bottom left-hand corner)
* Click All Programs
* Click 'Launch Manager'
When the Launch manager window displays on the screen, click OK.
Now Press the 'e' button and it will launch the Acer Empowering Technology
If this solution is helpful please click a thumbs-up rating.
Have a great day,
It could be on the far right hand side of your key board there are a few keys running up from the top right of the keyboard down to the bottom right of the key board possibly the 2nd one down it enables or disables the wireless communications
Realtek sound has an "Audio Manager" control panel thing of sorts that can be opened by right-clicking a tray icon or using a shortcut in the control panel. The audio manager features a "pitch" setting that can get changed accidentally. All you need is to located that setting and return it to zero. Young children have a talent for finding this setting and changing it without letting the adults know that they have done so! Sound familiar perchance?
To Recover your system from within Windows
1. Click on Start, then All Programs, then Acer Empowering Technology. 2. Click on Acer eRecovery Management. 3. If prompted to create a password, create the password and hint Do not lose this password. If asked for a password, enter the previously set password. 4. When the Acer eRecovery Management loads click the button labeled Restore. 5. Click on Restore system to factory default. 6. The unit will restart and start the restore. It should state "Please wait a moment..." with the Acer logo in the upper left hand corner. 7. At the eRecovery Management menu it will ask you how to restore. Click on the restore option you would like to use.
To recover your system from bootup
1. Locate the Alt key, to the left of the space bar, and F10, on the top row of keys. 2. Power the system on. 3. When the system is powered on, tap the Alt and F10 keys together at the same time when the Acer splash screen appears. It should state "Please wait a moment..." with the Acer logo in the upper left hand corner. 4. At the eRecovery Management menu it will ask you how to restore. 5. Click on the restore option you would like to use.
Ok.. This is the downloads site for ACER support site. ftp://ftp.work.acer-euro.com/notebook/aspire_4520/vista/Drivers However there are two wireless LAN drivers in that directory. You should find out which one is yours. To do this click start->right-cllcik on computer. When the system window opens click on device manager located under tasks on the left hand side. When the device manager opens double-click on network adapters and one of the two devices(Atheros wireless LAN or Broadcom wireless LAN) will be listed. Download the respective driver and your wireless would be up and runnin' ftp://ftp.work.acer-euro.com/notebook/aspire_4520/vista/Drivers