Question about Pioneer DVD-V555 DVD Player
Everytime i put in a disc its trys to paly then open the tray. I cant get it to play any disc
I fixed this on my unit from a tip on AVS Forum
Unit has "Power on" msg, follow these steps:
1) Hit power button for 5 -10 sec unitl unit shuts off
2) Press open / close button unit or remote first (do not hit power button first)
3) On the third try, the disc tray opened
I had James Bond Goldfinger in the player ( not sure if this had anything to do with it), I put another Blu Ray in and it loaded fine and is playing fine, hope this works for you
AVS link below
Posted on Apr 26, 2009
Solution for Pioneer DV-C36 Multi Disk DVD player - tray door will not stay open.
My player would open the disk tray when the open button was press but when the tray was fully open it would retract
back into the unit leaving no time to change or load disks.
I found a poor connection at the ribbon cable connector was causing this problem. A seven conductor ribbon cable
connects the main unit with the travelling tray. A position switch (S21) senses when the tray is fully extended and retracted.
On my player pin 1 of the ribbon cable connector on the travelling tray was not making an electrical connection which
causes the control system to retract the tray. The fault lies in the connector - the tang was not pressing against the ribbon cable conductor.
I was able to desolder the connector and pull the contact out just far enough to reform the tang with fine needle nose pliers.
This is very tedious and required an eye loupe for magnification.
#1 and #2 phillips screwdrivers
Soldering and desoldering irons (or other desoldering tools)
Fine needle nose pliers.
Remove the tray ribbon cable
1. Remove the cabinet cover - 6 screws. Open the tray. To keep the tray from retracting pull the power cord when the tray is extended.
2. Remove the front bezel from the tray. Gently pry up the bezel by relesing the catches with a small screwdriver. Allow the tray to retract.
3. Remove the front panel - undo large ribbon and wire connections on right, remove screws left and right, release
two catch tangs on bottom edge using a small screwdriver on the inside of the unit.
4. Remove the white plastic cover over the laser mechanism ( 2 screws) Remove the disk carrier by removing the center screw.
5. Extend the tray again. When the tray is out the small ribbon cable is visible below the tray. Undo the ribon cable where it attaches to the main unit unit.
6. To slide the tray off the main unit use a small screwdriver to depress the stop catches (2) in the tray. They are molded into the tray.
Pull the tray out further then lift up.
7. Flip over the tray and find the small circuit board the ribbon cable goes to. Desolder the motor wires (red and black) and remove the 2 screws
holding the circuit board and position switch.
Use a multimeter to confirm there is an open or poor connection in the ribbon cable connector.
Remove the ribon cable and inspect the connector with an eye loupe or other magnification device. On my player contact #1 was not positioned properly
to press against the ribbon cable conductor. You can either replace the connector or repair it.
Warning: repairing the connector may damage it.
To repair the contact desolder the connector from the circuit board. Bend the circuit board prong straight and push it into the body of the
connector which will extend the contact out and the contact can be reformed. Be very gentle. Bending the contact may cause it to break.
Reassembly is the reverse. Don't forget to solder the motor wires with the proper polarity. Red and Black are labeled on the circuit board.
Posted on Nov 19, 2010
SOURCE: Pioneer DVD 717 - Not
Hi msaslloyd ,
This could be because of a damaged lens , where the dvd player tries to recognize the disc but is unable to do so and then either sends the disc back i.e. the tray opens up or the message no disc loaded is displayed.
I suggest you to :-
Posted on May 10, 2011
Testimonial: "much appreciated. will follow advice and am crossing fingers!"
Tips for a great answer:
Jun 14, 2014 | Pioneer DVL-V888 DVD Player
Nov 30, 2009 | Pioneer BDP-95FD Blu-Ray Player
Jul 06, 2009 | Pioneer DV-410V-K DVD Player
May 28, 2009 | Panasonic DMR-EZ47V DVD Recorder/VCR
Apr 20, 2009 | Pioneer BDP-51FD Blu-Ray Player
Feb 17, 2008 | Sony DVP-NS530 DVD Player
Nov 26, 2007 | Pioneer DV-C503 Multi-disc DVD Player
Aug 29, 2007 | Cyberhome CH-DVD 300 DVD Player
28 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: