Question about Televison & Video

1 Answer

Electronics parts stores in Surrey


Might you help me find stores/shops that sell electronics part in UK pls? More particularly close to Surrey or Guildford or even Central London. The part is a rocker switch something like shown below as well as spade connectors for the terminals.
Though the actual switch has only three (3) terminals at the back.


Posted by on

  • Louie  Role
    Louie Role Nov 18, 2008

    Thanks much, again you came through with the assist and info.

  • Louie  Role
    Louie Role Nov 18, 2008

    If I may extend the Ask Me, below is the switch that is required. At your convenience (if and when) could you possibly find out if it is available from your friend or regular supplier.

    Additionally, may I have your permission to refer a user, probably either for consultation or onsite/hands-on repair? This is the lady from Surrey (near Leatherhead KT23, close

    to Guildford)



1 Answer

  • Level 3:

    An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points


    An expert that got 20 achievements.


    An expert that got 10 achievements.


    An expert that got 5 achievements.

  • Master
  • 19,396 Answers

I go to my friend's part store in Cricklewood, but that is not Surrey.

All over UK Maplin Electronics,

There is one in Edgware road in London, one in Totthenham Court road, and one in Camden town.

Totthenham Court road is one mile long or so, and is the electronic street, only electronics and component shops in there.

I have been in Guildford just once, for local shops better using the directory: Local business results for Electronics parts stores near Guildford, Surrey

Posted on Nov 18, 2008

  • Ginko
    Ginko Nov 18, 2008

    I dont't buy that kind of spares, I just pull it out from an old power adapter if I really need to.

    I do not know if such a fused switch socket is a standard replacement, or if there is a part number.

    Component shops have standard parts. semiconductors, caps some regular switch, etc. to get this part in stock you must be lucky.

    If this comes from a PC power adapter she need to replace the whole power adapter, it is cheap and faster.

    Alternatively she can take a train to totthenham court road with the spare in hand and show it to the few hundreds computer and electronic spares shops in there. They will likely find something that fit in the original place.

    Let me know if this is a PC adapter, in that case is imperative replacing the whole parts, we take this thing very seriusly in UK, she should not alterate a power adapter.

  • Ginko
    Ginko Nov 18, 2008

    More, the socket that you show me is fused , did she check that is not just the fuse blown.



1 Suggested Answer

  • 2 Answers

SOURCE: I have freestanding Series 8 dishwasher. Lately during the filling cycle water hammer is occurring. How can this be resolved

Hi there,
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.

Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.

Here's a link to this great service

Good luck!

Posted on Jan 02, 2017


Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%


Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add



Related Questions:

1 Answer

.I need a power cord for my Sony Bravia Television

You can find that at most any Electronics supply store in your area. You might even try a local electronics repair shop,(they may sell you a good used one)

Mar 04, 2015 | Sony Televison & Video

1 Answer

Sharp lc32 ad5e bk f404 fuse

It can be purchased from most of the electronics spare part selling shops. It is not a hard to get component.
Gopakumar Gopalan Google

Apr 18, 2014 | Sharp LC-C4254U 42 in. LCD TV

1 Answer

Where to buy a Mitac P520 replacement battery?

I would suggest that you try, Best buys, Amazon, or ebay if you cannot find an Electronics store near you that sells them.

It does not appear to have been "rebranded." Stores that sell used Computers may have parts, as might your local pawn shops. Call around.

I hope this helps.

Ponder/Meditate/Pray for Peace.

Mary Oliveau { hugs }

Jan 23, 2014 | Computers & Internet

1 Answer

Show me how to replace a 2 pin plug for a uk 3 pin plug

now a day Electronics Store sells three pin plug. it is multi-pin plugs, so go to any Electronic Store and purchase it. please keep you 2 pin plug with you, when you going to buy. they will saw you.

Sep 01, 2012 | Morphy Richards Kitchen Appliances -...

1 Answer

Quero gravar uma frequencia particular?

Ola Martins. Meu Portugues e muito pobre, eu peco desculpas. Aqui esta uma lista dos canais de VHF e suas freqencias: Boa sorte.

Jan 19, 2011 | Icom M422-12 25-watt Vhf Radio (white)...

1 Answer

Sony mains DC lead for XDR-S7

ask in Local Electronics shop. Probably they have

Nov 29, 2009 | Electronics - Others

2 Answers

Hi! my OMT CD Wurlitzer is in need of a new printed circut board, is has the phillips CD Player unit CDM12 ABOVE IT. Type;CDF 91 0055647 Model: OMT CD -100 nz NR 41018750 V 100-240 any help with locating a...

Hi Ken,

I would search on Ebay (do a world wide search)
Here is a seller selling the head only.
Item number 380005560333 (UK seller)
There are a number of sellers world wide including Hong Kong and the USA.

Best of luck.
Alan Hood
Item number: 380005560333 Item location: Kingston, Surrey, United Kingdom
Item number: 380005560333 Item location: Kingston, Surrey, United Kingdom
Item number: 380005560333 Item location: Kingston, Surrey, United Kingdom

Oct 15, 2009 | Wurlitzer Jukebox 1015 One More Time...

1 Answer

Mag Innovision LT982s 19 inch flat screen monitor


Often the plug of the power cord and its mate, the jack in the monitor, would have to conform with the region/country of its intended use. Having said this, then it is possible that your particular version is meant for another country but is likewise sold in your country. A picture of the monitor's connector would help narrowing the selection and possible source/supplier. Pls post if able.

Alternately, you could try viewing the different types here, here or here to get the specific part number or model of the AC cord.

Incidentally, most electronics shops/stores sell a variety of power cords, perhaps a visual check would further assist you.

Hope this be of initial help/idea. Pls post back as requested, how things turned up or should you need additional information.

Good luck and kind regards. Thank you for using FixYa.

Aug 02, 2008 | Mag Innovision LT982s 19" Flat Panel LCD...

Not finding what you are looking for?
Televison & Video Logo

Related Topics:

327 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Televison & Video Experts

The Knight
The Knight

Level 3 Expert

75767 Answers

Donald DCruz
Donald DCruz

Level 3 Expert

17130 Answers


Level 3 Expert

81294 Answers

Are you a Televison and Video Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides