a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. goodluck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
The audio on the cq60 laptops uses Microsoft's Universal Audio Architecture (UAA) bus. Make sure the UAA bus driver is installed correctly by following the 9 steps under "How do I get UAA drivers?" on HP/Compaq's UAA support page: http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c00765866&cc=us&lc=en&dlc=en
(Ignore the first paragraph about Realtek drivers, since your computer has the Conexant hardware.)
After UAA is working correctly, you can install the Conexant audio driver.
Some users have been able to get the driver through Windows Update- click Custom, then look for the Hardware, Optional section in the lefthand pane.
you must install drivers from here
andd install UAA drivers to enable the audio hardware for Windows XP before sound driver
Compaq Presario CQ40-108TU drivers for Windows XP
December 8, 2008 ? saysprasad
If you are not able to install Windows XP on this laptop please see this post on how to install windows xp in CQ40-108TU
To successfully install the drivers in Compaq Presario CQ40-108TU Laptop with Windows XP operating System.
****************FOR Intel Based laptops**************************
I. Get the following drivers and install in the given order.
01. Intel Chipset drivers - Intel INF driver (2MB)
02. Intel Matrix Storage Manager - Intel MSM (21 MB)
03. Intel SATA driver - driver for SATA (3.3MB)
04. VGA/Display - video driver (19 MB)
05. Intel LAN Driver -Ethernet driver (4.5 MB)
06. Audio/Sound - (see the install instruction below)
07. Modem - sp33839_Modem with SmartCP.exe(6MB)
08. Wireless - Wireless_driver (29.4 MB)
09. Webcam - sp35414_HP 1.3MP Webcam Software Drivers.exe (5MB)
10. Dotnetfx2.0 - dotnetfx_2.0.exe (22MB)
11. Touchpad - Synaptics Touchpad.exe (6MB)
12. Quick launch - Quick launch buttons.exe (14MB)
13. Card Reader - driver for card-reader (3.3 MB)
14. Bluetooth - driver for bluetooth (98 MB)
15.HDMI Audio - HDMI-R203.exe (15 MB)
******** FOR Nvidia Based Laptops *****************************
01. Nvidia Chipset - chipset_driver (2.3MB)
02. nForce Network driver - Nvidia nForce (3.3MB)
03. VGA/Display - Geforce Video Driver
04. UAA Driver for HD Audio - sp33867_UAA4HDAudio.exe
05. Audio/Sound - download C783 audio driver (3MB) or try sp34386.exe
06. Modem - SP33742.exe (6MB)
07. Wireless - WIFI driver sp34152.exe (261 KB), sp34510_HP Wireless Assistant.exe (3.2MB)
08. Webcam - sp35414_HP 1.3MP Webcam Software Drivers.exe (5MB)
09. Dotnetfx2.0 - dotnetfx_2.0.exe (22MB)
10. Touchpad - sp35444_Synaptics Touchpad.exe (14MB)
11. Card Reader - Realtech 5-in-1 Card Reader (2.1MB)
12. Quick launch - sp29255_HP Quick Launch Buttons.exe (14MB)
13. Battery - sp32299_HP Battery Check.exe (3MB)
14.Bluetooth - Wireless sp32883.exe
Improving the Performance of Your Notebook PC with out adding additional memory.
Maximize the life of your battery
I. To install Audio driver on CQ40-108TU please follow these steps
1. download CQ40-108TU audio driver (18 MB) OR SP39671_IDT High Definition Audio CODEC (19MB)
2. Unzip the file to a folder then install Hotfix - kb888111 first ? \SP39671\HDAQFE\xpsp2\us\kb888111xpsp2.exe ?
3. Now install the audio driver ? \SP39671\ setup.exe ?
4. Do not reboot. Now you should be able to hear the audio. If not goto ? Device manager>System Devices>Microsoft UAA Bus Driver? > Right Click - Disable ? then Enable it again and follow steps 2 and 3.
5. After you hear the audio output proceed to next step, don?t reboot.
6. download ?devcon? utility from microsoft. (78KB)
7. Unzip ?devcon.exe? and copy the ? I386\DevCon.exe ? file to ? C:\Windows\system32 ?
8. Start > RUN > cmd
9. In the prompt type (without quotes) ? devcon find pci* ?
10. Scroll up and look for a line before ? Microsoft UAA Bus driver for High Defenision Audio? some thing like this ?PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_055C&SUBSYS_30EA103C&REV_A1\3&2411E6FE&0&38: Microsoft UAA Bus
Driver for High Definition Audio?
11. Now copy the under lined part from your command prompt by ?right clicking on the Title bar>Edit>Mark? and mark the line u need to copy (till the under lined part only) hit ?Enter? to copy.
12. In the desktop create a text file called ? audio.txt ?and paste it replacing the underlined characters as shown below with qoutes.
DEVCON.EXE RESTART ?PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_293E&SUBSYS_3607103C&REV_03?
14. Save the file and rename it to ? audio.bat ? now copy it to ? C:\Documents and Settings\User\Start Menu\Programs\Startup ?
15. Thats all now you will be able to hear audio every time you reboot.
1. Upgrade Service Pack 2 to SP3, can be downloaded from Microsoft website http://download.windowsupdate.com/msdownload/update/software/svpk/2008/04/windowsxp-kb936929-sp3-x86-enu_c81472f7eeea2eca421e116cd4c03e2300ebfde4.exe
2. Download and Install MS UAA - Microsoft UAA Bus Driver for High Definition Audio - KB835221.exe
3. Download and install the latest IDT drivers - HP IDT High Definition
Audio CODEC Driver 6.10.6087.0 Rev.B from