HP RX3715 headset/sound problem when playing video file
I can play the video file (Skateboarder Video) that came installed with the ROM of the RX3715. The audio is loud and clear when played through the internal speaker. The problem is when I connect a headset the audio is garbled and sometimes inaudible. This is true whenever I play any video file using any application (windows media player, ipaq mobile media, tcpmp)
I have eliminated the headset as the problem because it works fine when I play music files. The headset also works on my computer. I've tried different headsets and the results are the same.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Just Google through the internet with the words "rx3715 language upgrade rom" and you will find several references to it.
At the end, you will find a couple of places where they have the lniks to access directly the HP/Compaq fttp sites, and download the ROM upgrade files in different language versions.
Also, in the web you will find a couple of sites that have the specific instructions and procedures to do it.
On purpose I am not giving you such sites and links because I have to warn you: such files and procedures work in 90% of the times. The catch is that such procedures forces the PDA to accept the new language rom, but in 10% of the times, such process is aborted with no apparent reason, and the PDA is converted in an useless PDA, but it is converted in a good looking paper weight or dead brick.
Bottom line, it's possible to change the language ROM (I did it a lot of times before: English, Spanish, Chinese, Italian and French), but it's risky, and it will damage permanently your PDA (such as I did in two of them).
If you have only flashed the English ROM, not any other language ROMs, read the following paragraphs. If you have flashed other language ROMs but not the German one try flashing the German one instead, there is something about it that clears the ppc out better. If you have flashed the German one, do not read on, as it will be an insult to your intelligence.
Most problems can be fixed with a ROM correction. Unfortunately, this is unachievable by simple re-flashing the English ROM. Certain other versions of the ROM (usually German is used) contain different enough sets of code (possibly different firmware?) to force the ppc to truly reset, unlike what happens when simply flashing the US ROM or changing to ROMS that use similar enough coding. Try flashing the German ROM and THEN reverting to the English. This tends to solve most any major iPaq issue.
The bad news is that many of the programs you might like to do away with are built into the ROM, and can't be deleted. The good news is that most programs will run perfectly well if installed on the storage card, so if you've got programs installed in main memory, you can realize some savings by running them from the storage card instead..
If you go that route, be sure to Remove the program from main memory and then re-install it to the storage card.