When i plug in the the power supply on my toshiba satellite a25-s207 nothing happens. no green lights at all. battery is shot i know that but it has worked before with just the poser supply plugged in.. any suggestions?
An expert who has achieved level 2 by getting 100 points
An expert that got 5 achievements.
An expert who has written 3 tips or uploaded 2 video tips.
An expert whose answer got voted for 20 times.
Re: possible mishap with the power?
Three possible reasons why this has happened 1 - The power supply cord has a faulty or broken wire somewhere and needs repairing. Take a good look and see if you notice anything out of the ordinary (UNPLUG THE POWER CABLE FROM SOCKET AND COMPUTER BEFORE ATTEMPTING TO LOOK) 2 - There could be a physical problem with the plug or socket for where it connects to your laptop and needs to repaired or replaced 3 - The computer has short circuited with the power cable socket in your laptop preventing any power for the Laptop
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Hello sir, the reasons why your power supply wont turn on;
It detected an overload, it is called a switching power supply, if it detects shorts, or something wrong on the mainboard it will not start.
It cannot supply the right amount of current, the power supply is defective.
I had that symptom on my compaq armada, I dissassemble it part by part, then slowly reassemble it, piece by piece making sure all contacts are good and clean. As i power on the unit it turns on without a problem. to do this you should know a little thing about laptops/PCs. hope this helps
there are different ways on how to check the problem you encounter regarding on your machine. kindly follow the procedures below:
- first take out the battery and plug in the power supply. if it works, suspected it's a faulty battery (if your machine is under warranty call the service center for the replacement of your battery
- if the machine won't turn on after taking out the battery and pugging in the power, take out the hard disk, plug in th power. if it works, suspected hard disk faulty. (replace hard disk)
- if machine still won't turn on after taking out the hard disk, take out the memory card. you will hear a beep sound after taking out memory card. if it works suspected memory card faulty. (replace memory card)
- if you didn't hear any sound after taking out the memory card, suspected motherboard faulty. (replace motherboard)
Getting 330 error. In order to fix that, you can run this command at dos prompt > SFC /SCANNOW It can fix errors at windows XP. Normally there are two memory slots for toshiba satellite. You might be running at 512 or two 256. You can purchase two 512 or i 1g.