a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. goodluck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Hi there have you tried the door at the back of the machine as there
maybe a piece stuck in the fuser unit. If not open the back door and
check that there is a small black lever in the middle of the two
rollers sticking up as this is the sensor arm that determines that
there is a paper jam or not. If this is still there then the paper will
be stuck just after the paper cassette within the paper path.
Hope this helps you.
Goodluck, please don't forget to rate me as fixya..
1. Turn off the printer.
2. Remove any paper trays. Inspect them for wrinkled or damaged paper.
3. Also open the back cover of the printer if this model has one.
4. Open any other doors that give access to the printer's paper path and to the toner or ink cartridge.
5. If necessary, remove the toner or ink cartridge. Place it away from light/ sun light to avoid damaging it.
6. If you find a piece of jammed paper, remove it by holding it with both hands and pulling firmly. The goal is to keep the paper from tearing. If several pieces are jammed together, try pulling out the middle piece first to loosen the jam.
7. If the paper does tear, try rotating the roller gears manually to free the paper. Don't force anything, though. Do this step especially if the jam message comes up repeatedly without any obvious paper jam, there may be a small tear of paper inside.
8. Ones the printer is free of paper Replace the toner or ink cartridge and paper trays, close any doors you opened and turn the printer back on.
9. If the printer paper jam message still appears, then there is still some paper in the printer. Reinspect the paper path.
10. see alternative if the problem is still not solved.
Load a piece of thick paper, for example photo paper and press the resume button (may be diffrent button on diffrent models) a few times to the printer picks up the paper and puts it through the machine.
Please pull out the tray.
Check if the rear end fence is out of place.
If so, please remove the metal plate with the spring, remove the gear in the middle of the tray (below the metal plate) and reposition correctly in its place the rear and front end fences.
Then try closing the tray.
Good luck and please rate me, thanks.
First off, does the wheel indicate the proper size paper. Be sure to place close attention to the icon. Second, when you slide the drawer out, in the middle of the right edge, there is a spring loaded pad. Carefully peel the cork off, and rotate it 180 degrees, or you could switch it with the other drawer. Other than that, there might be a small wedge of paper in the lower switch, located in the middle of the paper path, between the paper guides. It may be next to impossible to see unless it is taken apart.
I too kept getting the front cover paper jam despite followings Oki's paper jam removal instructions and blowing out the printer with compressed air.
In my case, the paper drawer was the problem. When you pull out the drawer there is a spring loaded piece of white plastic at the very front of the drawer. In the center of that is a gray rubber strip. That strip had come loose in the center and bowed out, preventing paper from exiting the paper drawer. I manually removed the strip, clipped off a little piece from one end so that it fit back in the recessed cavity on the white plastic piece and glued it back down.
This should be applicable to all Oki c5xxx color LED printers.