Question about Computers & Internet
On inserting usb wireless adapter my laptop screen changed to a page telling me there was an error & to remove any hardware~~when I did, all was working fine~~inserted it again~~same thing happened~~I have windows Vista & a Siemens Gigaset SE587 4 port wireless router.
Hi there, windows vista, as we all know is more focused on to the security... but it becomes very difficult if it detects other devices as an error...
With vista you can try to run the installation CD for the router, so that the vista knows that there is a driver for that router, without that it will not recognize the router and will keep detecting as an error...
was i helpful?
for more help log on to http://primustel.blogspot.com
Posted on Nov 19, 2008
a 6ya Technician can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US.
click here to Talk to a Technician (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Aug 05, 2017 | NetGear WirelessN 300 USB Adapter WNA3100
Wi-Fi technology enables wireless Internet and network access through public and private hot spots.
These hot spots are widely located in homes, restaurants, bookstores, coffee shops and other businesses, so you can keep connected wherever you may travel.
To connect to Wi-Fi, you must have an enabled wireless adapter on your computer.
Most modern laptops and many desktops have this adapter built into the system, but many lack such capabilities.
However, a wireless adapter is easily installed via USB, which allows you to connect to available networks through Windows 7.
Enable your wireless adapter. Most laptops have a hot key labeled with a radio antenna.
Hold the "Fn" key and press this key to toggle wireless on or off.
Desktops likely have a physical antenna on the back of your computer that is typically always on. If you don't see such a hot key or antenna, you need to acquire a USB wireless adapter.
Attach the USB wireless adapter to an available USB port on your computer.
Windows 7 will automatically install the necessary drivers for most adapters.
If it does not, insert the CD that came with the USB wireless adapter into your drive and choose to install their drivers.
Restart your computer if you do not see a wireless icon in your Windows 7 notification area.
Click the wireless icon in the Windows 7 notification area and click the network name to which you want to connect.
If this is your home network, the correct network will likely be the one with the strongest signal.
Click "Connect" and enter the wireless security passphrase, if required.
Only secured networks will ask for a passphrase, but some public networks will require browser authentication instead.
Open your browser and navigate to any website.
If the hot spot requires browser authentication, your website request is redirected to an information page.
Follow the instructions on this page to get Wi-Fi.
This may entail clicking "Accept," entering a given password or entering a cell phone number.
After authentication, attempt your website again to verify accessibility.
Hope this helps
Oct 29, 2012 | Acer Iconia Tab A200
1) Install the network adapter on the printer, if necessary. Many wireless printers have the adapter pre-installed, but if this isn't the case, turn off and unplug the printer. Then, remove the back cover on the adapter slot and place the adapter into the slot.
2) Plug in and turn on the printer. Then, insert the drivers CD that came with the printer into the CD drive of the computer. If you've misplaced the CD, the drivers can be downloaded from the website of the printer's manufacturer.
3) Configure the network adapter. Once the drivers installation has loaded, select "Using a wireless network" and then select "Next". Usually, there is a User Agreement at this point, to which you will agree and press "Next".
4) Connect the laptop to the printer using a USB cable. Connect one end into the USB port on the back of the printer and the other end to a free USB port on the computer.
5) Finish configuring the network adapter. After connecting the laptop and printer with the USB cable, select "Create or modify the printer's wireless settings" and then click "Next".
6) Connect the printer to a wireless network. The wireless setup utility will automatically open after the adapter has been configured. Find your wireless network in the "Wireless networks found in your area" and select "Next". Then verify this information on the next screen.
7) Connect the laptop to the printer through the wireless network. Now, disconnect the USB cable. Make sure that both the laptop and printer are connected to your network. If they are, you're now set up.
Aug 05, 2011 | Computers & Internet
The Linksys AE1000 Wireless USB Adapter
helps you connect your computer to a wireless network for quick Internet
access. Installing the Linksys AE1000 is fairly easy. Just follow the
steps below in setting up the Linksys AE1000 on your computer or laptop.
Minimum system requirements
- A computer with 1 GHz or faster processor.
- 512MB or more RAM.
- An available USB port.
NOTE: The Linksys AE1000 is supported for Windows 7, Vista SP1 and XP SP3 but NOT for Mac.
Insert the Setup CD into your CD-ROM drive.
Click Set up your Linksys Adapter. Proceed to Step 4.
If you do not see this, click Start on your computer and click Computer. Double-click on your CD-ROM drive. Continue to Step 3.
NOTE: For Windows XP, the file may be known as Setup.exe.
Read the License Agreement and click Next.
Insert the Wireless USB Adapter into a USB port on your computer or laptop.
Alternatively, you can also use the USB Extension Base to connect the Wireless USB Adapter. Plug the Wireless USB Adapter into the USB Extension Base and connect the Base to a USB port on your computer or laptop.
If you have an Easy Setup key, select Yes, I have an Easy Setup Key and click Next. Proceed to Step 8.
Otherwise, select No, I don't have an Easy Setup Key and click Next. Proceed to Step 6.
NOTE: For more information on Easy Setup Key, click here.
Select your wireless network and click Next.
If prompted, enter the wireless password for your network. Proceed to Step 10.
Follow the on-screen instructions. Click Next once you have completed the on-screen instructions.
The installation is complete when you see the screen below. Click OK.
You are directed to the Cisco Connect screen. Click Close to exit.
Nov 04, 2010 | Linksys AE1000 IEEE 80211abg IEEE80211n...
Aug 25, 2010 | Acer Computers & Internet
Apr 04, 2009 | HP Compaq Presario F500 F700 and G6000...
Nov 25, 2008 | Linksys WUSB100 Wireless Adapter
Aug 02, 2008 | NetGear : WG111 54 Mbps Wireless USB 2.0...
Jul 13, 2008 | NetGear WG111T 108 Mbps 802.11g Wireless...
210 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!