Question about Microsoft LifeCam VX-3000 Web Camera
Sent vx-3000 to my boys in FL//I have the same cam//We are able to connect with sound and some video but we cant see each other at the same time.....If they call to connect to me and I accept then I can see them and they cant see me...If I call to connect to them and they accept neither of us can see the other but sound is okay. We even tried remote assistance with me taking over their computer but I couldnt see anything out of the ordinary with their settings. When I am able to see them(them calling me) he says that he does see the words video initilization error(I think on the webcam image window) We each have three windows open....the microsoft lifecam...the windows live messenger...and the chat/video window. All seems to be fine except that we cant see each other. HELP Should he remove the whole thing and reinstall again. I can remote into their computer with remote assistance to do so....should we?
Web Camera’s have to be setup on the program they are to be used with. Just installing the camera on your computer does not set it up to broadcast on messengers or Skype.
Each program has Options that have to be setup in order for the Audio and Video to function properly.
A. Skype Setup:
After downloading and installing Skype set it up as follows:
1. Go to TOOLS, then OPTIONS, and click on Audio Settings and set the Microphone and Speakers to the computer Audio Card.
2. Then click on the Video Settings.
3. The camera if installed properly will come up and show a picture.
4. Then on the bottom of the page click on Save.
The camera and audio should function properly. Your friends and Family will now see and talk to you.
B. Yahoo Setup:
After downloading and installing Yahoo Messenger set it up as follows:
1. Go to Messenger at the top left and click on it.
2. Next go down to Preferences and click on it.
3. Next Calling and Devices on the right and set the Microphone and Speakers to the computer Audio Card.
4. Next go to the Test Audio section and (in blue writing) click on “Open the call setup assistant” and follow the instructions on the left window.
When done both the Audio and Video will function properly so you can chat and see family or friends you are connected to.
Hope this helps. Bud
Posted on Jan 13, 2009
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Oct 21, 2010 | Microsoft LifeCam VX-3000 Web Camera
Mar 18, 2010 | Microsoft LifeCam VX-3000 Web Camera
Feb 06, 2010 | Microsoft LifeCam VX-3000 Web Camera
Oct 15, 2009 | Microsoft LifeCam VX-3000 Web Camera
Jun 09, 2009 | Microsoft LifeCam VX-3000 Web Camera
41 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!