I have a TOSHIBA gigabeat model MEGX30. When i turn it on it always show USB CONNCTED screen and i cannot turn it off. I've made sure that the device is not connected with Pc. It only turn off when the battery switch is off position. I've made sure that the hold button is slided to off. After 5-10 secs when i switched the battery switch on again and hold the power button for 2 secs. it turns on, then the date and time reset screen appears. But when i reset the date and time, it again showed the USB CONNCTED screen. How do I fix this whole problem, turning it on?
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
This error usually happens when the firmware has been corrupted or deleted. The easiest way to correct this is by updating the firmware. You may also try to restore the firmware data by following the steps below.
1. Connect the gigabeat to your computer using a USB cable.
2. Start Explorer on the PC.
3. Open the folder in which the gigabeat room is installed. --> The folder in which the gigabeat room is installed can be opened by clicking [Start] [All Programs] [TOSHIBA gigabeat room 2.0] [gigabeat room 2.0 Program Folder]. Usually, the folder will be found in C:\Program Files\TOSHIBA\gigabeat room 2.0.
4. If you can't find the folder, please go inside the gigabeat then click on [tools], [folder option], go to [view tab] then select [show hidden files and folders].
5. Now, inside the gigabeat root, copy a folder named "GBSYSTEM" located in the folder that was opened in Step 3.
6. Use "Safely Remove Hardware" and disconnect the gigabeat.
There is a little battery cut of switch at the bottom of the device. You can unbend a paper clip and switch it off. Then switch it back on after a few seconds. Plug it back into the usb cable to charge it. It should work ok now.
how did you reset the battery? i kinda have the same problem. but i lost my wall charger. i moved the battery switch on and off about 5 times and still nothing. please let me know email @ email@example.com