An expert who has achieved level 2 by getting 100 points
An expert that got 5 achievements.
An expert who has written 20 answers of more than 400 characters.
An expert who has answered 20 questions.
Re: remote stopped working
If it has a pull chain (many do, even with remotes) make sure it is not turned off there. If that is not the problem, make sure that the light is plugged into the harness in the box at the bottom of the fan. It is so easy to leave this unplugged, or forget to make the connection if it is not a modular plug.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
The light on the remote is just a battery indicator light. I would try changing the dip switches in the receiver & transmitter first. If that doesn't work, you probably need a new receiver. Good luck since this is a cheap store brand.
after changing the batteries make sure you didn't change the remote code. If you didn't there should be a reset button inside the battery compartment, it may just look like a small hole. Just use a toothpick and insert it into the hole and lightly depress the reset switch.Replace the battery cover and try using the remote again.
have you sanded the terminals off on the battery contacts in the battery compartment in the remote,even new batteries at 3 volts between the 2 batteries cannot pass alll the signals if the tabs of the battery are corroded,i know ,you will say,they look shiny,but any glossy corrosion will inhibit battery voltage,use a nail file board lightly
There is a battery in the hand held remote and another battery in the receiver which gets tucked into the ceiling mount cover. Remove the ceiling cover and you will see the battery there, usually a 12 volt battery.
The upp/down slide is a dimmer.
In the event that changing the batteries doesn't solve your problems, Hunter makes replacement remote sets, available at Home Depot, lowes, etc and usually around twenty dollars.
Under the dome (where the electrical connections are) is the receiver unit for the fan. It could be that it is no longer working. Also the remote may have dip switches to change the frequency channel (sometimes located behind the batteries) check that these have not been changed or check they correspond to the receiver unit on the fan.