Question about Televison & Video
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: My RCA D52W20 will not stay on
Clicking sound is power relay engaging. If all systems are not functioning properly, unit will shut down to prevent further damage and/or fire hazard
Posted on Apr 23, 2008
had same problem. update tv software with a usb drive. do not take the tv apart. its easy download to computer unzip to usb drive and put drive in right side of tvs usb slot with power off, then turn power on, you should get an update screen.
did not work for me the first time i had to format usb drive to fat (not fat32) and then unziped to the drive took 10 minutes to update. I have tv 60PP9200D/37
Posted on Apr 28, 2008
I can't exactly help you, but can you tell me how you programmed the remote to your TV, because I cannot get mine to work...
Posted on Sep 12, 2008
waynejman, I have the same exact problem, can you tell me what your outcome was?
Posted on Nov 16, 2008
I the same problem and I found that the Capacitors used on the power supply portion of the circuit board were leaking and/or bulging. These parts were failing and as a result the problem worsened with time. If you are able to remove and solder new parts on to the circuit board follow the following procedures. Or get a technician to do the repairs.
1) Make note of connections at back of TV.
2) Unplug power cord and other connectors from back of TV.
3) Remove back of TV with a Phillips (+) star shaped screw driver.
4) Note the position of all connections to the main board.
5) Remove circuit board taking care not to damage any of the components.
6) Locate parts CM806, 811, 812 & 817, all 1000 uf 10v capacitors.
7) Remove and replace parts with capacitors of equal physical size that are (1000 uf ). I would recommend a voltage rating of 25v or 32v. Note that the voltage refers to the amount of voltage the capacitor can handle. The higher the better.
8) Reinstall and reconnect the circuit board.
9) Replace back on TV and setup the unit as before and you’re done.
I replaced the parts for just under $10.00.
Posted on Apr 27, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Nov 11, 2013 | Vizio VW37L 37 in. LCD HDTV
Sep 12, 2012 | Philips new universal remote control...
Aug 11, 2011 | Apex Digital Televison & Video
Jun 24, 2010 | Televison & Video
Dec 21, 2007 | Sharp Aquos LC-37GD6U 37 in. LCD HDTV
Dec 14, 2007 | LG 42LC2D 42 in. LCD HDTV
Feb 15, 2007 | Haier HTF20R21 20" TV
Aug 22, 2018 | Vizio Televison & Video
36 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!