Question about Speakers & Subwoofers

1 Answer

I have some old home stereo towers

I want to replace the speakers in my towers and i need to know where to get replacement parts the towers are really old

Posted by on

1 Answer

  • Level 2:

    An expert who has achieved level 2 by getting 100 points


    An expert that got 5 achievements.


    An expert who has answered 200 questions.


    An expert whose answer got voted for 20 times.

  • Expert
  • 242 Answers

You only need the impedance of the speakers, power rms, and mounting hole size. Go here and mix and match their huge selection.

Posted on Nov 21, 2008

Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%


Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add



Related Questions:

1 Answer

What is the wattage breakdown for each speaker on my pair of Pioneer CS-N575 3 way speaker towers (I know the total max power combined output is 150 Watts)?

It's the woofer that will use almost all from this 150 W so if you replace woofer take one of 8 ohm which can handle 150 W and you done

Jul 15, 2014 | Pioneer Speakers & Subwoofers

1 Answer

I would like to know where to get the replacement parts for the LF speaker (the middle thing is dented) and around what price.

If the speaker works ok does it need replacing. If its only the rubber dome in the middle pushed in , put sticky tape on it and gently ease out. Ihad that once with my speakers,


Nov 09, 2010 | Alesis M1-Active MkII Main / Stereo...

1 Answer

Missing cone cover for floor standing infinity speakers

Those cone covers are important because they distribute the audio of the driver over a wider range. The defect will not cause further troubles nor will it get worse. Most people are capable of repairing them yourself. If you lost the old cone a replacement is necessary. You will need preferably the part number off the back of the speaker to get a replacement. Carefully measuring the diameter of the cone according to where the old glue shows it was attached will also get you the part. Just use Elmer's White glue to reattach. It get's tacky after a few minutes and the cone should sit there and dry for a few hours after replacement. Check for speaker repair parts online. You will find bunches of suppliers.


Jun 23, 2010 | Infinity Alpha 50 Main / Stereo Speaker

1 Answer

Can I plug 5pc home theater speakers directly into pc tower or will I fry something? The speakers (made by LG) R from an old Sanyo DVD/VCR/Audio Home Theater System which no longer works. Home Theater...

Attaching speakers to an under-powered amp won't DRAW too much power. And we're not talking about an amp here, we're talking about a PC which can
only provide enough juice for headphones. All it provides is Line Level (millivolts) output for an external amp to process.

The speakers are NOT self amplified. If they were they'd have batteries or wall power cords and RCA style input connectors.

What you will need is a replacement for the dead Sanyo electronics that can handle 4-ohm speaker loads. Then you can draw the output of your soundcard into IT with RCA cables..

Mar 19, 2010 | Speakers & Subwoofers

1 Answer

I am terrible as music equipment. so here is my dummy question. I hope you can help me out. I bought a used Peveay PR Subwoofer similar to this one:

hello, first off you bought a sub designed for musicians not for use at home. tons of issues pop up how many ohms is the driver does it have a crossover what frequency is is tuned for etc...? too many issues .

if you are determined to make it work

first thing you will need a MONO amplifier or a stereo amp that can be BRIDGED to mono

then you will probably have to replace the phone jacks with speaker terminals they are available at radio shack or most car stereo installation shops.

Personally I would not mess with it chalk it up to a "life lesson" and purchase a sub with an onboard amplifier that is designed to connect to a home receiver.

Dec 22, 2009 | Peavey PR® 10P Main / Stereo Speaker

1 Answer

Basic info

Depends what your hooking it up to, if its a home stereo or something with RCAs you will have to get an adapter the speakers only take 1/4" (like a e. guitar cord) or XLR (microphone cables) as inputs. You can get RCA to 1/4" adapter at radio shack for like $6.00
Hook the rca part to your home stereo then the 1/4" into the speaker, plug it in and turn it on.

Jun 26, 2008 | M-Audio BX5a Speaker

1 Answer

Speakers sound quiet and unclear

You probably burned tweeters and damage midranges but before disasembly check equalizer

Feb 27, 2008 | Speakers & Subwoofers

Not finding what you are looking for?
Speakers & Subwoofers Logo

Related Topics:

251 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Speakers & Subwoofers Experts


Level 3 Expert

4590 Answers

Michael Edwards
Michael Edwards

Level 1 Expert

53 Answers

Donald DCruz
Donald DCruz

Level 3 Expert

17129 Answers

Are you a Speaker and Subwoofer Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides