An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points
An expert that got 10 achievements.
An expert that got 5 achievements.
An expert whose answer got voted for 100 times.
Re: Electric Dryer shutting off
Do you store clothes or anything on top of it that covers the top area? If so please take that stuff off of it and never place anything on top which insulates it and makes it over heat. make sure you have good air flow out the exhaust and all the way out your house Good Luck
a 6ya Repairman can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US. click here to Talk to a Repairman (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. Goodluck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
you must disassemble the unit and clean the lint out of the heating unit area, it is lint catching fire and could be dangerous to continue using your unit in this condition. a vacuum cleaner should do well to clean the lint and the drum must be removed to do a proper cleaning
Usually when an electric dryer overheats and shuts down, it's because of a defective cycling thermostat or a clogged vent system. Clean any lint from the internal and external ductwork, and/or replace the cycling thermostat.
Check the vent for clogging condition that will turn off unit and cause it to overheat. If vent goes up to roof check up there also - that is where mine was clogged with a sort of paper mache clog!!!!!
Hello plz make sure the gas burner does not have any lint build up on burner assembly inside the machine / plz clean.That usually causes a burnt smell. If there is no error codes on the display and the machines is operating fine you are chasing a ghost. If there is a pump or motor over load an error code should come up on the display.
you can unplug the unit , and reomve the lower aces panel (3 screws along the front bottom of unit) youll probalby see an excess of lint built up in which case you can vacuum it out, and then check/clean and or replace your dryer vent
at leas 15 yrs old??? think it's done its time, its a great machine andwould reccomend replacing with a whirlpool/kenmore unit again.no tworth servicing in my opinion, average call here in new york 150-225, anbd those are for simple issues. id rather put money into new unit! bit be sure to check your venting id say 85% of dryers taking too long to dry are vent related issues
If this is a Kenmore Elite front loader, taking the back off isn't going to tell you much. The heating element is inside the dryer under the drum on the right hand side. More than likely you have an accumulation of lint on the heating element housing and its beginning to smolder. Running the dryer on low will not change the fact that you have lint in close proximity to a glowing element. It will still burn. Here is a link you can look at that gives you some advice on dryers:
You will need to unplug the dryer and remove the lower panel under the door to gain access to the heating circuits. If you have lint backing up into the dryer, you need to investigate why. If its been a while since you've inspected your dryer ventilation ducting, it would probably be a good idea to do so. Everything is in the link I provided for you. I hope this helps.
PS Conitued running of a dryer in this condition can cause the heating circuits to overheat and fail and/or cause a fire.