7290 with keyboard locked, used 9/10 goes,one go left of password
Help! I just want access to my data on the Blackberry 7290 and wouldn't care if I never see another Blackberry after that for as long as I live.
Problem: Keyboard locked. Data not backed up over last 4.5 months. Thought I entered correct password several times without looking properly at what I was doing. I think of the password as numbers (sequence of four numbers, e.g. 1234) but actually it must be the letters on those keys. Used 9/10 goes. Thought that I must have entered the correct password at least once. Afraid to try last time as data will be wiped if incorrect.
(1) COULD I HAVE ACCIDENTALLY USED AN UNKNOWN KEY SEQUENCE OR MACRO OF SOME KIND WHICH RESETS THE PASSWORD? I REALLY WASN'T LOOKING WHAT I WAS DOING UNTIL 6/10 GOES USED UP, BY THAT TIME ASKING ME TO TYPE "blackberry" TO CONTINUE.
(2) IS IT POSSIBLE FOR THE PASSWORD OR SOFTWARE TO BECOME CORRUPTED SO THAT THE PHONE CANNOT BE UNLOCKED?
(3) CAN THE PASSWORD BE "READ" OR FORCED BY SOME MACHINE SO THAT MY BLACKBERRY KEYBOARD CAN BE UNLOCKED?
(4) CAN THE MANUFACTURER, RIM, HELP IN ANY WAY?
(5) IT'S MY FAULT, I DON'T HAVE A CURRENT BACKUP TO RESTORE TO THE HANDSET. BUT I DON'T WANT TO LOSE MY DATA WHICH CONTAINS VERY IMPORTANT TEXTS AND CONTACT NUMBERS. WHAT CAN I DO?
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
That's simple my friend. If you want to unlock blackberry 7290 password and don't care about your previous data, just type any password until you fail 10 times and your blackberry unlocked from old password.
Error 507 occurs when all data and applications are removed when an incorrect password is typed ten times into the BlackBerry smartphone.
To delete all data from the BlackBerry smartphone, complete the following steps:
Lock the BlackBerry smartphone, and then type an incorrect password ten times.
If prompted, type blackberry.
Once complete, all data on the BlackBerry smartphone is deleted.
And then you need to complete the following steps:
Open BlackBerry Desktop Manager and double-click the Application Loader icon.
Use the application loader tool to install the BlackBerry Device Software.
If you have typed incorrect password in the Application Loader tool, then you need to delete all data.
To delete all data and applications from the BlackBerry smartphone, complete the following steps:
Connect the BlackBerry smartphone to the computer.
Open BlackBerry Desktop Manager, and then double-click Application Loader.
In the Application Loader Wizard window, click Next.
On the Device Security Password screen, type an incorrect password, and then click OK. Perform this step ten times to delete all data and applications.
If you dont know the password. Enter incorrect password ten times after this your handset will be wiped completely and then you can use your phone (*note exsisting data will get deleted if you do this)
Personally, if there is not much on the BB, entering the other 3 bad passwords with start a Master Reset on the unit, and that may fix your problem with the keyboard. If you have data on the phone you want to save, I would try syncing it first before doing the master reset.