New vista lap top....using my VIDEO STUDIO 8 program
Like the others, no sound and it does seem that I am out of luck now that I have vista. Is this true? All I really need to do currently is edit some basic footage with a .mov . Being a REAL ameture, Windows Movie Maker had been doing all the little clip our family took since 2004 via a Sony digital. Then I purchased an AIPEX HD-DV 1080P and thus far have not been able to edit and connect short clips filmed. Having the ULEAD version of VIDEO STUDIO 8 seems to be a waiste. Is it? Birk Mullinax
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
This applies for windows vista only please check the volume control on the lower right corner in your desktop. Try to click the volume control icon then click the MIXER then look for the pinnacle studio program probably it might be muted.
Vista has been a problem since it was introduced. Essentially Microsoft released it without ensureing driver were available for existing software and hardware. Some manufacturers have been making efforts to get Vista compatible Drivers available. Check the software websites for updated drivers.
You can install and run a Ulead software for Windows XP on Windows Vista by running the Program Compatibility Wizard. We do not guarantee full stability for Windows Vista though. To run Program Compatibility Wizard:
1. Open the "Program Compatibility Wizard" by clicking the [Start] button, clicking [Control Panel], clicking [Programs], and then clicking "Use an older program with this version of Windows".
2. Click [Next] when the "Program Compatibility Wizard" dialog box comes up.
3. Select "I want to use the program in the CD-ROM drive" and click [Next]. If the installer is not detected from the CD-ROM drive, please manually browse for the installer executable.
4. Under "Select a compatibility mode for the program" step, please click on "Microsoft Windows XP (SP2)" and click [Next].
5. For the display settings, please click on "Disable Visual Themes" and "Disable desktop composition" then click [Next].
6. Click on "Run this program as an administrator" and click [Next].
7. Click [Next] to start testing the compatibility settings. This will launch the installer so if you have your firewall enabled, it will prompt for a permission request. Please grant permission for the setup to continue. 8. The setup will now run. You can allow it to finish or switch back to the "Program Compatibility Wizard" dialog box.
9. It will ask you if the program ran correctly. Click "Yes..." if no other pop-ups appear. * Try another compatibility setting if it reports a problem with the display. For the display settings, enable the option "Disable display scaling on high DPI settings" as well.
10. For this next step click "Yes" to send the info to Microsoft and finish the process. * Now that you have the software installed, you will also have to run the "Program Compatibility Wizard" for the application to run correctly. Use the same procedure except for step , select "I want to choose from a list of programs". Follow the same procedure for the other steps until you finish the setup.
was looking for a fix to this problem after my dad had this problem
with no results on the net.
So eventually after about an hour or so of poking around i finally found a fix to the problem.
right click start then left click explore
go to program files then ulead video studio
click on the ulead program opening the files
scroll down untill you find the startup file EG: ulead.exe
will have the icon on it it is towards the end of the files
Right click on this file and then click properties then compatibility
then untick all boxes.
this resolved this problem on my dads pc.
Hope this helps