a 6ya Technician can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US. click here to Talk to a Technician (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. Goodluck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
If you can reach inside the computer and rub the battery contacts gently to remove the corrosion ,which is invisible , this will help greatly. Sometimes even a new battery will suffer the same. Clean the battery contacts also turn off the laptop and charge it fully do this on a regular basis. Say once every 2 months
try removing the battery and removing the adaptor press and hold down the power button for 5-10 seconds then let got this will power drain your system board noy turn the system on using the battery only without any adaptors to charge or power the system, try turning the system on if the system turnes on leave it turned on for a couple of hours then conenct your sysem adaptor monitor if the battery light and the battery indicator on the lower right of the screen in windows woll indicate that the system is chargin if it is then I believe everything should be fine the blue indicator is for your system if it is blue then your system is turned on and has power if it turned orange and blnking then the battery will be more likely be almost out of juice or may need charging.
When was the last time your system was cleaned? Physical debris and dust accumulates in the vents of the internal fans of some of the laptops we repair. The overheating will cause the laptops to shut down withing minutes (seconds sometimes) of turning on the system.
The problem lies with the power supply system either in the power adopter or inside the laptop. When AC power is plugged in, the system shows that the battery is being charged (Yellow Light Indicator switches ON) but practically niether the battery is usually being charged nor the computer is being run by the AC power. Its a little bit of energy left in the battery that keeps running you computer for some time and as soon as the battery is discharged the note book shuts down by itself.
However, the Taskbar battery indicator gives the correct picture of battery charge and the charging process. Better rely on that.
Its a hardware problem pertaining to power supply and charging system and doesn't have to do any thing with Mother board, RAM, Hard disks or other hardware installed in the PC.
Do tell the above details to a repair workshop man to rectify the problem.... Best of Luch
sounds like the system has a problem taking power from the battery, but is able to send power to it for charging purposes, or the battery indicates a ful charge, when in reality it is bad.
If there's a way to borrow a known good battery for testing purposes, you might narrow it down.
I'm sorry, I'd need to see this one to offer any further advice.