Question about Actiontec (GS503AD3-01) Modem
My Actiontec modem GT701-WG has worked great for a long time, but suddenly a few days ago I had to reset it by pulling out the power plug and starting it up again. That worked for a day or so, but it is now to the point where I need to do that every time I want to get online; perhaps every hour. Any ideas? Do I need a new modem?
Yes this is a normal method to setup a wireless network.
To set-up and secure the wireless router from unauthorized access, follow these steps :-
1. Connect the wireless router to your computer with a LAN cable.
2. Start your browser and enter the router's configuration URL IP address.
3. Enter the router setup, login and password
4. Change the admin password
5. Go to the wireless settings and change the default SSID and turn off SSID broadcast.
6. Setup encryption key the strongest is WPA2 (if not then WPA).
7. For further security measures - turn on MAC address filtering and enter the MAC address of the wireless cards on the computer/s you want to connect to this wireless router.
8. Record the settings you have made and keep it in a safe place and Save the settings.
9. Configure the wireless cards on the computer/s with the SSID and encryption settings of the router.
10. Remove the LAN cable between the router and the computer then the computers should be able to connect to the router.
Posted on Oct 31, 2009
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Apr 21, 2011 | Actiontec (GT701) Modem
Jan 28, 2011 | Actiontec (GT701) Modem
Apr 08, 2010 | Actiontec GT701WG Router (actiongt701wg)
Mar 19, 2010 | Actiontec (GT701WG) Wireless Router
Oct 31, 2009 | Actiontec (GT701) Modem
Feb 27, 2009 | Actiontec (GT701) Modem
Feb 22, 2009 | Actiontec GT701WG Router (actiongt701wg)
Jun 01, 2008 | Actiontec (GT704WG) Router
Jan 16, 2008 | Actiontec (GT704WG) Router
Mar 24, 2017 | Norton Computers & Internet
Mar 24, 2017 | Internet Computers & Internet
295 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: