Question about Actiontec (GS503AD3-01) Modem
My Actiontec modem GT701-WG has worked great for a long time, but suddenly a few days ago I had to reset it by pulling out the power plug and starting it up again. That worked for a day or so, but it is now to the point where I need to do that every time I want to get online; perhaps every hour. Any ideas? Do I need a new modem?
Yes this is a normal method to setup a wireless network.
To set-up and secure the wireless router from unauthorized access, follow these steps :-
1. Connect the wireless router to your computer with a LAN cable.
2. Start your browser and enter the router's configuration URL IP address.
3. Enter the router setup, login and password
4. Change the admin password
5. Go to the wireless settings and change the default SSID and turn off SSID broadcast.
6. Setup encryption key the strongest is WPA2 (if not then WPA).
7. For further security measures - turn on MAC address filtering and enter the MAC address of the wireless cards on the computer/s you want to connect to this wireless router.
8. Record the settings you have made and keep it in a safe place and Save the settings.
9. Configure the wireless cards on the computer/s with the SSID and encryption settings of the router.
10. Remove the LAN cable between the router and the computer then the computers should be able to connect to the router.
Posted on Oct 31, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Apr 29, 2011 | Actiontec (GT701) Modem
Apr 21, 2011 | Actiontec (GT701) Modem
Jan 28, 2011 | Actiontec (GT701) Modem
Aug 20, 2010 | Actiontec (GT701) Modem
Oct 31, 2009 | Actiontec (GT701) Modem
May 28, 2009 | Actiontec (GT701) Modem
Feb 27, 2009 | Actiontec (GT701) Modem
295 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: