Question about Goodman GDS80904BNA Open Flame Heater
We have a Goodman GDS8 down flow furnace. It's 3 years old. We get three flashes on thecircuit board when a call for heat comes from the thermostat. Ifollowed the troubleshooting per the instruction manual. I replaced thepressure switch with a brand new one. The induction motor works fineand spins up when a call for heat comes from the thermostat. And I checkedthe flue and it is clear from obstructions, there were none.
There is a group of wires on the left side of the circuit board and ifI grab that group of wires with my fingertips and barely lift it, thecircuit board LED goes solid and 70% of the time the furnace will cyclecorrectly and start and work until it reaches the temperature set on the thermostat, after which it will not cycle the next time. The other 30% of the time it starts the sequencebut then gives the three flashes on the LED again. Also, when I liftthat bunch of wires I can hear a clicking sound and the LED is affected when I hear the clicks.
I can't figure out the problem, let alone fix it. Any suggestions.
I had the same issue as zippygaloo with the harness plug. By lifting up the connector, the furnace would go out of it's current fail mode and start operating normal again. I have temporarily resolved my issue, by tying up the wires (looped under them with tie raps) and secured them to the vented furnace housing directly above, thus alleviating any stress pulling down on the connector plug by the weight of the wires. Since doing this my furnace has been running flawlessly and stays right at the temp on the Tstat. No more fault modes with blinking lights! Hope this helps you guys. I don't know if it's related to bad design flaw, or there is a weak connection on the board, but it worked for me.
Posted on Mar 01, 2009
Sounds like you are on the right track with the plug. Pull the plug apart and check to make sure all the prongs (male and female are correctly snapped into position ...usually its a conductor prong that has been pushed out of place when the plug was put together. I have also seen this problem and could not find a solution, just changed the board and the problem was resolved ( thought it was perhaps a crack in the printed circuit).
I have also seen problems with the connection for the pressure hose on the induction fan clogging up ...pull the hose off and push a very small wire into the hole (with the furnace off of course) and see if it fixes the problem. The fan I ran into the problem with had the connection located low on the housing.
Posted on Nov 18, 2008
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Nov 23, 2011 | Goodman Heating & Cooling
Nov 17, 2011 | Goodman Heating & Cooling
Oct 12, 2011 | Goodman GMS90703BXA Heater
Jan 16, 2011 | Goodman GDS80904BNA Open Flame Heater
Dec 30, 2010 | Goodman GMS90703BXA Heater
Oct 03, 2010 | Goodman GMS90703BXA Heater
Jan 15, 2010 | Goodman Heating & Cooling
Nov 03, 2009 | Goodman GMS90703BXA Heater
Oct 07, 2009 | Goodman GMS90703BXA Heater
Jan 10, 2009 | Goodman GDS81155CNA Open Flame Mid-Size...
605 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: