Question about Whirlpool LER5636P Electric Dryer
While I don't know about your specific dryer, most dryers are set up the same. I just replaced the belt on my Maytag LDE8404ACE. It was easy. The hard part was cleaning out 14 years worth of lint and fuzz that coated everything inside. Here's the instructions:
1. Unplug the dryer or disconnect power.
2. Remove the front panel. There are two screws, each is about 4 inches up from the bottom of the front panel. Unscrew them. Then hold the front panel along the bottom edge and pull it away from the dryer. Once it's away enough, the clamps along the top will pop and disengage from the dryer. Be sure to note the wires connected to the door switch are connected to the dryer. Disconnect them if you need to move the panel away from the dryer.
3. With the front panel off, you should be able to reach inside the dryer to remove the old, broken belt.
4. Remove the tumbler from the dryer. It's held in place by the tumbler front which is secured by 4 screws, 2 on each side. That piece will pull straight out toward you. With the tumbler front out of the way, the tumbler itself will come straight out as well. I recommend taking it out and cleaning the inside of your dryer while it's open. A vacuum hose works great. Also, check the pulley and the back two wheels that the tumbler rests on to make sure they turn easily. If not, you may want to grease them. Also, it's normal for the idler pulley to appear to be loose and wiggle in place. Once a new belt is installed, it's under tension from the spring so any play that exists shouldn't be a problem.
5. put the new belt around the tumbler with the smooth side of the belt against the tumbler. Use the old belt marks on the tumbler to align the new belt. It's easier to hook the belt to the idler pulley and motor pulley from the back. So we'll get to that part in a minute. Just let the belt hang loose for now.
6. Reinstall the tumbler front and secure with the 4 screws you removed earlier.
7. Reconnect the wires to the door switch, if you removed them earlier.
8. Reinstall the front panel, reversing the steps you took to remove it in #2 above.
9. Go to the back of the dryer and remove the access panel along the bottom right hand side.
10. From there, reach in pull the dryer belt around the idler pulley. Then take the belt on the left side of the pulley and move both the belt and the idler pulley to the right, until you can get the grooved side of the belt onto the motor pulley. I've attached a diagram with instructions.
11. Once connected, manually turn the tumbler so that the belt will align and make sure the tumbler turns as easily as it did when you first removed it.
12. If the belt looks good and you've manually turned the tumbler at least one full revolution (to ensure the belt didn't get twisted), then plug the dryer in and turn it on to make sure it works correctly. If so, then re-attach the access panel on the back of the dryer. You're done!
Posted on Jan 09, 2009
Dryer don't turn just make a noise
Posted on Nov 28, 2008
If you're really lucky, there's a diagram on the back of the dryer. You still have to open the whole thing up to get the new belt over the drum! The real fun is holding the spring part back while you get the belt on.
Posted on Nov 25, 2008
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jul 13, 2011 | Bissell Vacuums
on Sep 19, 2010 | Chevrolet Blazer Cars & Trucks
on Dec 08, 2007 | Hotpoint VVSR1070D Top Load Washer
Sep 13, 2009 | Crosley CDE6000 Electric Dryer
Jun 26, 2009 | Poulan 42-Inch Steel Deck 17.5 HP Briggs &...
Apr 25, 2009 | Eureka Smartvac 4870 Bagged Upright Vacuum
Feb 10, 2009 | Amana 3.2 cu. ft. Top-Load Washer
Jan 03, 2009 | Eureka Luxury Family 8-Person 2-Room Titan...
377 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: