- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
If your itouch reads "disabled connect to itunes" and shows the "locked" icon and your itunes will not even recognize the device and itunes says your itouch is locked and enter password, Here is what you do to restore your itouch: (you will lose all itouch contents but it is worth it as almost all say it is broken and worthless)
1. Turn off your itouch or ipod. Do not have charger / usb connected to ipod or itouch.
2. With device off, connect the charger end of the cable to the itouch / ipod but do not plug the usb into the computer.
3. Open Itunes
3. While holding down the menu button (and I mean keep holding it down), plug the usb into the computer.
4. Wait to see the new wonderful graphic on your device and computer screen that shows that your ipod / itouch is recognized.
Your itouch will start immediately restoring itself and you are ready to fill it up with wonderful images, photos and videos again!
So happy to share this tip. It saved me money and time.
While your itouch is connected to your computer, and itunes is open, press and hold the sleep/off button (the one on the top of the itouch) until the slider comes up on the screen. Slide the slider to turn off the itouch. Now, press and hold the home button (the one right below the screen) and at the same time, press the off/sleep button again. Hold both until you see your itunes page bring up a "restore" feature. Unfortunately, when restoring, you will lose all data (songs, etc..) Hopefully, you have this data in itunes and can easily download it back onto your itouch. This is the only thing that works. Sucks that you lose everything, but at least your itouch will once again work....
if your father deleted your song library then you will have to download your music again. same with your apps if your restore all that will do is load a new copy of your ipod software in the ipod. it won't help with getting your songs back it will help with removing the password lock.
plug in your iPod touch then close itune and hold the power and home button until the logo (apple) appears the let go of the power button but keep holding onto the home button until an itune sign appear then push restore on you itunes...........