I have a P20 that was working fine until last week hen the battery stopped charging, the battery is nearly new also just after this the inverter went i replaced that now computer runs up fine but the battery is still now charging also the touchpad isn't working (a external mouse works fine) also if you ouch around the speakers with your wrist ou can feel a current any ideas. Martin
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Just maybe it is a faulty power connection where the power cord from the charger/PSU enters the laptop. A common problem with laptops/notebooks is that inside power connector becomes dislodged from the motherboard and so a faulty connection ensues; once the battery has run down, the machine has no power and no way of getting power. You could test your PSU (it might be a faulty PSU) by measuring the voltage when disconnected from your PC - I don't know what it's supposed to be though. You need to do some research on your computer.
Else take it to the repair shop, which you might have to do anyway.
This link might be useful http://www.nodevice.com/manual/newmans/SENS_X05(smpccd)zip/get21115.html#.U5Hny3lOVjo
Join one of the computer forums on the internet and see what is suggested
I can't see your car but doubt the battery is the culprit and only slightly suspect the alternator.
If it were my car I would plug in one of those cigarette lighter voltage monitors and watch it closely. It will tell you more than any mechanic can by examining the car while you are not having the problem.
Your car's voltage should never go below 13 volts while the car is running, and as high as 14.8 volts shortly after you start it. It should also not be below 12 volts before you start the car and after you shut the engine off.
If you notice the voltage is lower than 12 volts before you crank the starter, the battery is drained too much, and that could be because something is draining it. Suspects could be anything from an alarm circuit to the radio.
However if when you start the car the voltage doesn't go up to somewhere around 14 volts, it may not be charging properly, and it sometimes when it's running it's voltage drops below 13 volts, then you know the charging circuit isn't working.
If it sometimes goes over 15 volts while it's running, there may be a bad connection to the battery.
I always remove and reconnect the battery connections whenever I suspect I have a battery problem, it's just so easy to do and often the problem.
Replace the inner part of the fan - some unit just slip right out. check on kijiji and find a local computer repair guy that will sell you one for 5 or 10 bucks, or get a broken laptop for 50 to 100 and lots of parts. I had one broken wing and broke on off the other side to even it out... even though one side had 1 extra wing it wasn't that far off balance so vibration should be minimal. if you keep your laptop clean inside around the heat-sink and fan area and put silver heatsink on the gpu and cpu as well as install the manufacturer drivers and update them to cool things down and speed things up and keep things from heating up. One more issue is the charging port and charger end get frayed and or loose and will cause heating issues and have caused fires. Replace batteries that are weak as they are continually charging too much.... Store batteries and at 70% and don't pull them out of the laptop while it's plugged in. Fully charge batteries and fully discharge them between charges. Good to have 2 batteries. Don't use hot batteries especially after charging and don't charge a hot battery.
YOu didn't post the model number but you can order a new fan from the Toshiba website or possibly find one on Ebay and open the computer up and replace the non working fan. If you try running the laptop with out that fan it will over heat and you will burn your CPU out.
Had a similar problem with a Satellite P105. I flipped it over, took out one of the memory sticks (one screw to open the little memory door) and turned it on again and it worked. Then I took out the other one and put the first one in its place. Worked again. Then I moved that stick back into the first slot. And that's when I found that one memory slot was bad.
Try using canned air (compressed air, compressed gas) to blow away any dust buildup there could be. If that doesn't work, you can try greasing the fan. If it's an old laptop it's often this. Fans are usually rated for about 5 years though. So it's still very likely that the motor just died. If this is the case you will have to buy a whole new fan. It's usually cheap but because they are rare you might be charged a premium.
you may have inadvertently killed the power module of the laptop. that has happened to me a couple of times, so far, and repair has always been in the hundreds of dollars. I hope that is not the problem in your case. Have you tried using a universal power supply to make sure that your power supply is not the issue? Anyways, the best of luck to you.
heating of adapter is not a big problem man......but take care of u r adapter.....1 st if there is not right flow of air...then clean u r adapter...and check u r fan properly..................
because over heating can make a cerious damage to u r system man..........
dont forget to tell me u r problem solved or not
best regards & best of luck..