Question about Brother LS-2125 Mechanical Sewing Machine
My husband bought this sewing machine, brother LS-2125, brand new; took it out of the box, I wound the bobbin, threaded the machine and attempted to sew; result was huge loops of thread on both sides of fabric. I referred to the manuel for T.S. tips; I have tried sewing on all types of fabric using all types of thread and needle combos while setting the tension dial on all settings with the same result. (this isn't my first sewing machine) I have taken the machine to a friend who's been sewing for years, talked to my mother and taken it to a local repair shop (charged me $80 only to not fix the problem) and the problem still exists. Very frustrating! I've found no help anywhere I've turned, even on the Web. Definitly not happy with the purchase or product of this Brother sewing machine. If someone can't help me with this problem, I guess I'll have to buy another brand of sewing machine (absolutely ridiculous to have to spend more money when this one should have worked brand new). It's a shame when someone that's been sewing for 10 years can't figure out a beginner's machine! I only wanted the machine to sew stripes, badges for my uniforms and can't even do that! The manual is horrible as well. I have noticed there are hundreds of folks having the same problem with their brother machines, same model and the only solutions posted come straight from the manual. There's no dust, dirt in my bobbin casing since it's brand new. Not to mention the accessories package wasn't in the storage case in the swing arm. It just doesn't seem fair to have purchased a product one can't use or get help with; especially when that product was a gift! My husband is very disgusted with the lack of help/responses we have recieved from the Brother company; It's a shame you have to spend money on the product and more money to get it to work as advertised; especially when the customer has sacrificed over 9 years fighting for the freedom of those companies to sell the same products I have paid hard earned cash for but not being able to gain the support/help it's customer service boasts on the Web. I need help; no I demand the brother sewing machine customer service do their jobs, get off their butts and do the research it may take to find the solution to fix the product my husband purchased! Shameful company ethics. (Not only do you have to wait until it's at the company's leisure for an answer but in order to get a "Guaranteed Answer" you have to pay MORE MONEY!!!!!!
I have this same machine for my granddaughter (age 8) and she has no problems with jamming or anything. If, you have it threaded right and it still doesn't work, I would take it back to where you bought it and demand a new machine. If, you decide to get a better machine, at least go to Joann's or someone who can give you lessons on it before you commit. Do Not Buy from a discount store because there is no support what so ever. It is the old adage, you get what you pay for.
Posted on Sep 08, 2010
This is why I think sewing machines should be bought from a local dealer who knows 98% of the time this is operator error and will take the time to show the customer the proper way to thread the machine. The other 2% of the time they could fix it or exchange for the customer. The problem is in the threading of the top thread, refer to the manual. No one on the phone or in an email can guide one to thread a machine. Diagram in the book is a poor second to hands on instructions given by most independent sewing machine dealers
Posted on Jul 12, 2009
It is in your top threading, something is not right in the path. Always remember, it is the opposite of what you think. So, underside will mean that the top thread is the problem
Posted on Jul 27, 2010
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jul 21, 2010 | Brother LS-2125 Mechanical Sewing Machine
May 12, 2010 | Brother LS-2125 Mechanical Sewing Machine
Feb 28, 2010 | Brother LS-2125 Mechanical Sewing Machine
Aug 11, 2009 | Brother LS-2125 Mechanical Sewing Machine
Jun 15, 2009 | Janome 1600P-DB Mechanical Sewing Machine
Apr 19, 2009 | Brother LS-2125 Mechanical Sewing Machine
140 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: