I have two flashing blinking lghts on the printer it seems the arm holding the injet cartages will not go back into sink and remaining on the left hand side of the printer, even after powering down the printer it will not reset properly.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
This could be Low-Ink or paper Jam.
Try turning off The printer, Unplug from The Mains Electric, for 3-5 Minutes.
Turn back On, if Lights Are Still There. Check The Ink-Levels.
And Replace Cartridges, if necessary.
1) Close the print head cover, and turn off the printer. While pressing the Resume/Cancel button, press the Power button.
(Do not release the buttons. The LED lights in green to indicate that a function is selectable.)
2) While holding the Power button, release the Resume/Cancel button.
(Do not release the Power button.)
3) While holding the Power button, press the Resume/Cancel button 3 times, and then release the Power and Resume/Cancel buttons.
4) When the LED stops blinking and lights in green, press the Resume/Cancel button 4 times. Finally press the Power button.
1) check for a paperjam.
2) check the ink cartridges are not empty.
3) try pressing and holding down the flashing light button ( if applicable )
4) check the power lead is connected correctly.
5) give it a good hard Smack.
6) if all else fails Bin It, And Buy A New One :)
Mike @ Compurepair.
With the power off. Push the carriage to the left about 4". Power up the printer. It should go through its normal reset. When it's done making noise look in & see if it went back to the center?
Open Printer & Faxes. Your default printer should have a check nex to it. make sure it is the 5550. Click the 5550 once so it's highlighted. Click file & open. Clear anything that is waiting to be printed. Close all the opened windows. Re-start the Pc.
I should list HP's suggestions too: http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c00034342&lc=en&cc=us&dlc=en&product=71896&rule=45014&lang=en
Try a test page even is so. Post back...