Question about Washing Machines
My miele g646sc dishwasher has stopped working with the diagnostic fault being that the "Waterproof system has reacted". With the machine switched on, but not running a programme, I can hear a buzz. This buzz continues after switching on a programme. No water is taken in, no sound of the pump working, and then the red inlet/outlet warning light flashes for five seconds/stays on for five seconds etc. Can I reset the machine, or is it one for the manufacturer?
That means that there is a leak that passed throught the waterproof system, and the water protection system had reacted putting the machine on error mode, as the water can damage electric parts, and cause serious hazard.
Sometimes you can reset the error by unplugging power cord, however you should call immediately a technician, as using the appliance when there is a problem with the waterproof system, you can be seriously injured by electric shock.
Operating instructions for Washing machine W 3923 WPS
Posted on Nov 16, 2008
Miele G646Sc Plus Inlet / Drain light activated
* If the filters are clear probably means the 'waterproof system' activated. This is a float switch in the drip tray which protects the machine if a leak develops.
* the leak from my machine came from a seal between the motor and main pump.
* How to repair - I bought my spares from ES Electrical :01282 693838 parts 112,114 & 116 which are new housing containing the seal new impellor and a large ring seal .
1. disconnect from the mains / drain as much water as possible from the machine.
2. Remove the drip tray from the underside
3. Take photos make drawings but be sure you can put all the power feeds and water hoses back in the correct places .
4.disconnect terminal blocks from the motor/ disconnect power feed to the pump switch/ disconnect all the hoses.
5. remove 8mm bolt holding the motor in place ( accessed from back)
6. Should now be able to slide the motor and the impellor housing out
7.You will need a 'star Drive' to remove the 4 screws on the outer housing.
8. The impellor inside can now be removed by stopping the blades on the motor turning and then turn impellor clockwise.
9. you should now be able to slide off the backing containing the seal.
10. fit the new parts to the motor and re-attach the outer casing and fit back into your dishwasher.
Posted on Aug 10, 2010
Take bottom front panel off and see if there is water in the underneath tray and this will explain the fault. the buzzing may be due to something stuck in the drain pump impellor so that is worth a check
Posted on Nov 16, 2008
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jan 05, 2016 | Miele Washing Machines
Jun 23, 2011 | Miele 24 in. G646SC Plus Free-Standing...
Oct 17, 2010 | Miele Premier-Plus Built-in Dishwasher
Jun 22, 2010 | Miele Incognito G858SCVi Built-in...
Apr 05, 2010 | Miele Premier-Plus Built-in Dishwasher
Mar 05, 2010 | Miele Novotronic W1918A Front Load Washer
Mar 01, 2010 | Miele 24 in. G646SC Plus Free-Standing...
Dec 24, 2008 | Miele 24 in. G646SC Plus Free-Standing...
Aug 18, 2018 | Kenmore Washing Machines
Aug 18, 2018 | Washing Machines
13,879 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!