Hi! I have a 8320 and it was working fine when I got it but after a few months of use, it suddenly went into a constant reboot cycle. sometimes an error message flashes "jvm error 547"..something about flash drive writing failure.. so I have gone into bb forums and so far here are the steps that I have tried. 1. Wipe using Jl Cmder, which was no good since the device can't establish a connection. 2. Use apploader w/o using desktop manager. Using this, once the apploader goes into "waiting for device initialization", it reconnects to jvm and then the reboot cycle goes on (white screen with hour glass, red light, then nothing, over and over again). Then the message "unable to complete multi-stage operation" appears. Thus was no good either. 3. Someone suggested that the USB port was the problem- that it's not connected to the main power that's why it reconnects during app loading. I have tried using a USB connected to the power source but the same thing happens.
Now I'm stumped on what to do next. Can any of you guys please help? Thanks a lot in advance!
Try running app loader again but before you connect your phone up to the computer pull the battery out, then connect the phone, then put the battery back in. A lot of times it will force the connection to get established and then you should be able to run app loader.
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. goodluck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Most Blackberry phones encounter errors due to phone software failure.
Here are some problems and as this definition shown below.
JVM stands for JAVA VIRUAL MACHINE
* JVM Error 501: During memory management, freeing of resources from memory failed as a result of possible corruption
* JVM Error 517: The BlackBerry Device Software encountered unexpected data in a memory location which is used for normal operations * JVM Error 535: Interaction with the file system has experienced a catastrophic failure
* JVM Error 547: While writing data to the file system, a failure was detected
* JVM Error 548: While erasing data from the file system, a failure was detected
Some can be fix by Hard reset,but most phone need to flash the frimware to be recover.
Here are the step by step procedure on how to fix your phone by updating the Firmware.
* You need a good working USB cable * Battery is Fully charged.
1. Download Blackberry Desktop Manager and install it. : HERE 2. Download Flasher blackberry Tool : HERE 3. download & install flash file : CLICK ME 4. Delete the vendor.xml file located in c:program filescommon filesesearch in motionapploader
Open flasher blackberry Tool shown on this illustration
5. Go Next
6. You can see usb pin number if your phone is connected to your computer. go next
7. This is very important, don't forget check the box all apps you need and Go next.
8. Wait the application loader flashing in progress ...
9. you're almost there and wait when update is successfull ...
4 - Backups – You should be creating a backup of your device data regularly, e.g., as often as you update your calendar and/or phone book, or at least once a month. If you do not already have a data backup, you are out of luck (SOL) as your data is gone.
STEP 2 The Process From Pinstacker JTReeves: You should be creating a backup of your device data regularly, e.g., as often as you update your calendar and/or phone book.
If or when you get a JVM Error 102/Reset message, do the following: 1. Connect your BB to the computer. 2. Run JL_Cmder 3. Choose option 5, wipe the device. This will delete all files - OS and data - from your BB. The BB screen will show JVM Error 507. This means the BB has no files installed. 4. Using Desktop Manager, reinstall your software. When you run the Application Loader, check all the available boxes. 5. When this process completes, restore your most recent backup file. You should be back to normal, with the exception of having to reregister OTA or other 3rd party apps. Save their reg numbers in your Memo app so that you have them handy.
JVM Errors are raised by the BlackBerry Device Software during various activities to make the BlackBerry smartphone user aware of a failure in which the BlackBerry smartphone could not safely recover normal operation. Although JVM errors may occur as a result of software related issues only, the following JVM errors are known to result due to interactions with the BlackBerry smartphone hardware.
To resolve this issue, contact your wireless service provider if you are encountering the above JVM errors.
FIRST CHECK WITH YOUR PHONE PROVIDER to see if you must use a special version of software ! If not proceed >>
BEFORE ANYTHING !!!! use the desktop software to backup your data on the BB (if you can) and save the file to the desktop. next go to https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads/entry.do?code=577BCC914F9E55D5E4E4F82F9F00E7D4you need to download (use pull down menu)blackberry desktop software 4.6 and the Blackberry device software for your model phone. install the desktop software first then the device software.. this can take maybe an hour (not including the download time)