Directional pad doesn't move up and down. trackball doesn't click or move up and down.. does move side to side. 'x' doesn't work (top right button). 'check' opens up music player (bottom right button). any letter i press that is assigned as a jump shortcut automatically opens the shortcut.. so it seems like the 'jump' button is held in. it's not though, so i guess it's an internal problem.
a 6ya Technician can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US. click here to Talk to a Technician (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. Goodluck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
What do you mean...can it move in all four directions?
Most trackball movement problems can be rectified by cleaning the trackball. Try the following steps to see if it helps tp resolve the issue you are having;
1) Turn the unit off, open the back cover and pull the battery out,
2) Take a paper towel, dampen it with water...nothing else, making sure that the towel is only damp and not soaking wet,
3) Rub the damp paper towel on the trackball, over and over, making sure to rub up, down, side-to-side and every which way. This should clean the trackball and remove whatever is causing it to not move smoothly.
4) Wait a minute or two and replace the battery and cover. Once the unit has rebooted, try moving the trackball again. It should be better.
It has been in my experience with the 8100 that if you can't scroll a certain direction, there was debris on the roller preventing it from registering the roll. Turn the phone off, press down on the track ball (as if to press a button) roll the ball down (in your case). This may help dislodge whatever debris is caught in the roller. It has worked for me several times. You may want to try and clean the trackball as well with some rubbing alcohol and a q-tip.
If it were a software problem, then I would imagine you turning off the phone (battery pull) would clear this up anyways.
1: Take a deep breath and blow on the trackball area, rotate and do it again. This may blow any particles block the sensors.
2: This requires a Q-tip and some alcohol. Turn off your sidekick, wet the end of the q-tip, and gently clean the trackball while rotating. Be careful not to get the alcohol on anything but the trackball. Let dry for a minute and try it out. If this doesn’t work then try again.