My Sony takes a floppy with no trouble, but when I insert it I get an error message which reads C:13:01, and the disc will not format. I have formatted a disc on my FD83 but when inserted into the FD75 it still shows the same code and will not format.
I have tried all that I could, but to no avail. The battery is fully charged, the disc used were 1.44 MB.
Any ideas or is the camera beyond repair.
Appreciate any ideas or suggestions.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
The 'Disc Read Error' error message, 'Please Insert a Playstation 2 Formatted Disc' error message, or the 'No Data' error message is an indicator by your system that the console is having difficulty reading the game disc. This could be for many reasons; usually this is because the game disc is damaged or unreadable. However, in some situations, this can be a sign of a more serious issue with your Sony PlayStation 2. Try all of the steps listed below to troubleshoot the error:
Check the game disc.
1. If there are any noticeable scratches or smudges on the surface of the game disc, try to clean them off by using a non-abrasive cotton cloth. Note: Do not rub hard and do not rub in a circular motion as this could further damage the game disc. 2. If there aren’t any noticeable scratches or smudges on the surface of the game disc, try using that game disc in another PlayStation 2.
* If the game disc works in another system, this is an indicator that your PlayStation 2 may be damaged. For information on getting your system repaired or replaced, you will want to contact Sony directly for assistance at 1-800-345-SONY. * If the game disc does not work in another system, this is a good indicator that the disc is damaged or defective. To acquire a replacement game disc, you will want to refer to your manual for warranty information specific to your product.
Some Playstation systems, especially the older models, have trouble reading some newly manufactured Playstation 2 game disks. Sony recommends using their Auto Diagnosis tool (http://www.us.playstation.com/support/ps2/hardwaresystem/default.html) to resolve this issue.
Hey jadyjo, You need to format the floppy disc by selecting file, then disc tool, and then format in the menu system. Instructions on how to do this are on page 52 of your user manual. Remember that formatting the disc will erase any images on it even protected ones. I hope this helps! Sincerely, Allan Go Ahead. Use Us.
You may have a bad floppy... Just like floppy drives in PCs sony floppys do go out. If you search around as I did (sorry don't remeber the link) you can find diagrams on how to replace the floppy and they are available for sale! I think we found some for $25 per. Good hunting!
This is an early floppy drive model yes?
Drive error could refer to corrupt floppy disc or a failure of the drive.
Check the disc angle first - new disk formatted to camera.
If it is not that - then buy another camera
A repair I guess will not be an option -but checkout Sony first.
If the disks you are using are new, there is always a possibilty you got a bad batch or you got some that were not pre-formatted, or were formatted for an apple computer.
I assume that there is some way to format a floppy disk with the camera.
Try to do that and then see if the floppy is recognized.