My phone got wet; I want to remove the front cover to dry it out
THe phone got wet; I took the battery out overnight. It worked the next day. I cannot read the info on the screen. What do I do now? I want to take the front cover off to dry it more completely, but I don't know how.
Re: my phone got wet; I want to remove the front cover to...
Easy! My wife did the same thing to hers. Remove battery door, on the back near the bottom (the end where you plug in the charger) you will two little black prongs. Press the two prongs toward each other and push down on them. This will cause the cover to lift away from the phone.
Gently grasp the front and move it toward the top. Reverse to re-install the cover.
Heating the phone LIGHTLY with a hairdrier can speed up the drying process.
a 6ya Technician can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US. click here to Talk to a Technician (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. Goodluck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Water and electronics don't mix.
Immediately, (too late for that), remove batteries.
Wipe off any excess liquid with absorbent paper or cloth.
I have heard that if you bury it in rice overnight, with the battery out and cover removed; that the rice will absorb moisture.
Next day put the battery back in and turn on.
However if there was damage done instantly, you will just have a dry android that doesn't work.
This has worked for me in the past when my son had a habit of washing his phone . First get a container that the phone will fit into .next remove the battery. then put dry rice in the container .then put the phone and battery in the container with the rice then fill it so that the entire phone is covered .the rice will draw the moisture out of the phone leave in at least 24hrs the longer lhe better your chance it will work. good luck hope it works for you.
Immediately remove the phone from the water,turn off the cell phone remove the battery and SIM card. When you have driedthe cell phone by putting in a warm sunny place for several days then reassemblethe phone. Hopefully it will work properly but if does not work then it isfaulty and you need a new cell phone.
You need to leave the phone off for about 42-72hours for the water to dry off competly and you can do this by putting the phone in a place where heat is generated for to dry up the water inside the phone.
I also dropped my Samsung Impression in the toilet, I immediately took the phone took the protective case off, took the battery cover off, and took the battery and my SIM card out and towel dried it as best as I could. Then I sat it on the floor next to my fan and let it dry until I got to my grandparents a little while later and I put it in a bowl of rice, completely covered the phone and battery with rice and left it sit overnight in the rice and all of the next day, so far i've had it on about 20 minutes and have had no problems with it so far, another solution is to sit it in the sun, to further dry it out. Water damage will void warranties on your phone and battery and your provider will know instantly if the damage was water related when they take your battery cover off, there is a small square sticker that when dry and hasn't touched water should be white, but as soon as it comes into contact with water it turns red, there is also one of these stickers on the battery. My stickers were red and after sitting in the rice they look like they got lighter in color considerably, I don't know if that is really possible but appearance wise it looks that way. I hope this helps anyone who has had this problem. Good Luck!
if the phone got wet it is done, the contacts will corrode over the next two weeks or so if it already has not done so. I have worked for years doing part time work in the industry- If you mess around buying thhis and that then you are wasting money for a lost cause. I am terribly sory to be the one telling you, but if you have the insurance this is covered. If it happens again- drop the phone and battery (seperated) in a pot of dry rice , then use that compressed air to further remove sedimenet once its dry. Hope this h elps and have a nice day
If the phone was still on while it got submerged, then you may be out of luck. Had it been off when it was submerged, using the rice trick might have worked. I would try removing the battery, and drying it out some more, but the damage may have already been done. Sorry!