Get yourself a very thin and small screwdriver. The type that comes in the eyeglass repair kits. Remove the cloth/plastic grill from the front of the sound bar. Locate the IR sensor in the center of the bar. Pry the dark red filter off the IR sensor and leave it off.
Problem solved, greatly increases range. I have read that there is a clear replacement cover you can buy but whats the point?
I was about to pack the unit up return it when I found the suggestion to pry the IR sensor cover off with a tiny screw driver. This sounds damaging, but it wasn't. There is a little bit of glue around the perimeter, but I applied some consistent light pressure and it popped off. I am now sitting comfortably 15' away on my reclining leather couch.
a 6ya Technician can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US. click here to Talk to a Technician (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. Goodluck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
I had just about given up on programming my Time Warner universal remote with my Boston Soundbar until a mental lightbulb came on. This is a two step process.
Step 1: Program your Time Warner remote (I have CLIKR-5, instructions available for other models at timewarner.com)
Using Pre-Programmed 3-digit Code method
-Turn on soundbar
- Press device button (I chose AUX) and OK/Select simultaneously until device button stays lit.
- Point remote control toward the soundbar and enter code (447 for Boston Acoustics)
- Press the device button again to store the code.
The TW instructions say you should now be able to turn the device off to verify that it works, but this is not true for the soundbar. Hang in there with me.
Step 2: Program your remote from the Boston Soundbar.
- Press the power button and the volume up button simultaneously until the indicator light flashes orange.
Here's where the instructions provided with the soundbar fail to explain how to do this. Each button is individually programmed into the TW remote. What you have done so far is enable the remote to accept the programming.
- Volume Up: press the volume up button on the soundbar while it is flashing, the light should become steadily orange.
- While holding the remote steady about a foot away from the soundbar, slowly press the volume up button on the TW remote four times. The orange light should flicker each time you do, turning green when completed.
- Volume Down, Mute, Power: repeat the steps for Volume Up, except press the button on the soundbar you wish program to the TW remote while the soundbar is flashing orange. It should become steady before you press the corresponding button on the TW remote.
Good luck, I hope this helps. -Deidre.
The TVee 25 will turn itself on whenever there is an input. If there is no audio input it will shut itself off or you can manually shut it off. Or, you can select an input that has nothing connected to it.
get rid of that moxi before it starts on fire. have charter send out a scientfic atlanta hd dvr, with an hdmi port on it as well. the functionality and reliablity of these boxes greatly exceed moxi. moxi is a power sucking, fire hazard, problem waiting to happen. the only thing it has that is good is the guide format. but you may feel that graphics on a tv guide outweigh the funcitonality of the device. the big square in the front of the moxi was supposed to be a dvd burner, the box has no hdmi, and has a modem in it that is disabled. so its got a bunch of junk on it that isnt and cant be used. if you dont clean the vents on the back of the box monthly it will surely fail. senior catv tech/supervisor ALL OF US INSTALLERS DESPISE PAUL ALLEN FOR INVENTING THAT PEICE OF ****.