Question about Printers & Copiers
What kind of printer is it? most manufactures on the web have any kind of drivers and such.
Posted on Nov 15, 2008
Tips for a great answer:
HP says to use the Vista drivers. You have to install it a a local printer follow these steps....
1. Make sure the printer is turned on and connected to your network. Verify that you can access the printer's internal web page by browsing to its IP address before continuing. Print a network config page or make note of the IP address and Name. (should be a static IP)
2. Click >> Start >> Control panel >> Devices and Printers.
3. Click the Add a printer
4. Select Local printer
5. Select Create a new port and select Standard TCP/IP Port and click Next button.
6. Under Device type, select TCP/IP Device. Under Hostname or IP address, enter the printer's host name (found on the printer's network configuration report the generated above). Click Next.
If you get a message about Additional Port Information Required, then the printer was not found using the host name. You can go back and retry or using the printer's IP address instead of the host name.
7. Select HP or Hewlett-Packard from the list of manufacturers and select and select your printer model. Click Next.
If your printer model was not listed, then select Have Disk, browse the HP CD that came with your printer and select the first file that starts with hp and ends with inf.or use currently installed driver if you have teh correct on installed. Click Open then OK. Select your printer model. Click Next.
8. It will ask for the Printer name -- enter a new name or use the existing one. This will be the name of the printer that you select from other applications.
9. You may be asked to share the printer. Make a choice and click Next.
10. The Print Test Page box appears. Go ahead and print it.
11. Click Finish.
Dec 19, 2010 | HP LaserJet 1020 Printer
Oct 31, 2007 | Printers & Copiers
Aug 08, 2010 | Printers & Copiers
Mar 21, 2010 | Canon PIXMA MP600 all-In-One InkJet...
Feb 16, 2010 | Brother HL 5250DN Laser Printer
Jul 17, 2009 | Xerox Phaser 6250DP Laser Printer
Jul 15, 2009 | HP Officejet Pro L7580 All-In-One InkJet...
Jun 25, 2009 | Lexmark Z715 InkJet Printer
Dec 17, 2008 | Brother HL 5250DN Laser Printer
Feb 29, 2008 | Brother MFC-845CW multi-function...
27 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!