Question about Sewing Machines
Tension assembly diagram or instructions needed - I have the original instruction booklet, but there is no solution to fix the tension assembly.
A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Sorry but there is no way to explain how to re-assemble the tension mech on here, you need to be actually shown or have someone do it for you. It is very fiddly and needs to be exact, can I suggest you get in touch with a sewing machine tech who(at cost) will sort you out.
Sorry I cannot be of any further help.
Posted on Mar 29, 2008
Sure! Jenny at http://blog.sew-classic.com/categories/Sewing%20Machine%20Repair.aspx has several very good, in-depth articles about servicing your own machine, but here are the basic steps:
1. Take out the bobbin case and bobbin holder.
2. Take the needle plate off.
3. Brush out all the old lint in the bobbin area and under the needle plate. Remove any loose bit of thread.
4. Open the head of the machine (should swing open). Clean any lint or thread that's caught in there.
5. Locate your machine's oil ports and put one drop of sewing machine oil (only use sewing machine oil) in each of them. One drop is sufficient. General rule of thumb: Put one drop of oil wherever metal moves against metal.
6. Using unwaxed dental floss, floss the tension disks.
7. Put everything back together.
If you need a manual, I found one at http://pages.sewing-machine-manuals.com/173/InventoryPage/1834489/1.html.
Hope this is useful!
Posted on Jul 30, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Dec 16, 2015 | Kenmore Sewing Machines
Jul 09, 2014 | Singer Sewing Machines
Aug 19, 2012 | Kenmore Sewing Machines
Jun 15, 2011 | Kenmore Sewing Machines
Apr 26, 2011 | Kenmore Sewing Machines
Sep 03, 2009 | Kenmore Sewing Machines
Jun 05, 2008 | Kenmore Sewing Machines
338 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!