Question about Zyxel P660HW-D1 Router
My nat on xbox live connection is always on strict how can i change it to open
Type "msconfig" in run
then startup then disable all.
then aply ok
then restrt .
Posted on Nov 15, 2008
NAT rating can be remedied by either turning on UPnP on your router, DMZ or portforwarding. This site has some good guides on how to improve your NAT rating when connected wirelessly to xbox live:
How to connect wirelessly to xbox live with open NAT
Posted on Jan 11, 2009
SOURCE: Change NAT to open
Open an Internet Explorer browser page.In the address bar type - 192.168.1.1
Leave username blank & in password use admin in lower case...
Click on "Applications and Gaming" tab and then click on "Port Range Forwarding" subtab...
1) On the first line in Application box type in ABC, in the start box type in 88 and End box type in 88, leave the protocol as both and under ip address type in 192.168.1.20 and check the enable box...
2) On the second line in Application box type in PQR, in the start box type in 3074 and End box type in 3074, leave the protocol as both and under ip address type in 192.168.1.20 and check the enable box...
3) On the third line in Application box type in XYZ, in the start box type in 53 and End box type in 53, leave the protocol as both and under ip address type in 192.168.1.20 and check the enable box and click on Save Settings...
3) Once you return to the set up page click on the Security tab and uncheck Block Anonymous Internet Requests and click on Save Settings...
4) Click on set-up and change the MTU Size to 1452 and click Save Settings...
5) Goto the XBox Network Settings and IP Address Settings and select manual IP Settings and assign the following on your Xbox
IP Address :- 192.168.1.20, Subnet Mask :- 255.255.255.0, Default Gateway :- 192.168.1.1...
6) Also assign the DNS Addresses on the Xbox
Primary dns :- 220.127.116.11...Secondary dns :- 192.168.1.1
7) Turn off your modem, router, and Xbox...Wait for a minute...
8) Plug the modem power first, wait for another minute and plug the router power cable, wait another minute and turn on the Xbox and test it...it will connect... Kudos! Thanks! If I could be of further assistance, let me know. If this helps or solves the issue, please rate it.
Posted on May 05, 2009
SOURCE: change NAT from strict to open
You need to do port forwarding on your router. First, you must setup a static IP address on your XBOX. Then You must open these ports on your router setup page using Port Forwarding feature. 80 TCP and UDP, 53 TCP and UDP, 3074 TCP and UDP.
Posted on Jun 02, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Feb 24, 2011 | NetGear WNR2000 Wireless Router
Jun 01, 2009 | Zyxel P660HW-D1 Router
Mar 23, 2009 | Arris SBG1000 Wireless Cable Modem Gateway...
Mar 13, 2009 | Dynex DX-E401 Router
Mar 24, 2008 | Linksys WRT54GL Wireless-G 54Mbps...
Feb 09, 2008 | Belkin (F5D7230-4) Router (587009)
Oct 08, 2007 | Zyxel P660HW-D1 Router
5,658 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: