- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
1. Remove the AC adapter plug from the back of the base unit (not from the wall); leave tel cord connected.
2. While holding down the "set code" button under the cassette lid, plug the ac adapter back into the base. The screen will then display some numbers (110) etc.
3. Hold down the HANDSET keys 1 and 2 simultaneously and then press the speaker button on top within 20 seconds.
4. Press any 3 digits on the handset i.e. 1-2-3.
5. After hearing a BEEP from the handset and base, press 2 on the handset. The base should then say "twenty-five", and the handsets will beep, confirming the new security code is enabled. Press talk or speaker on handset to confirm communication.
6. The time/day stamp and remote access code will be cleared.
7. Best to do this with the answering mach turned off.
8. Restart this procedure if anything goes wrong (may hear a series of error beeps).
I saved my manual and in it I had a fax Casio sent me with these instructions (i had this prob a few times years ago). Good luck!
Without getting too involved,I simply dissassembled entire storage bin and to my surprise found cover obscured by other stuff,and in new condition as the rest of phone of which I reactivated last night.The original battery took the charge in no time which really surprised me as well.Thanks,stan.
"E3" says "Incoming message tape is missing, stuck, or broken. Replace the tape" I had the same message. My drive belt broke. I put a rubber band in it's place and all works OK now. I need to order a new belt, but haven't yet.
Hi, it's not an easy one to find since it's an oldie, but you should be able to get it here, http://www.retrevo.com/s/Casio+TC-540?rt=pd all you need to enter is an email to download it, it's free to download but you need Adobe PDF on your machine to read it.
Ruthm: It's time to say good bye to that old machine. The problems displayed are nonsense and cannot be correct by any programing from the manual. When the machine creates a busy on your line it is going off-hook for some reason. Waste no more time or money on this thing and buy one of the new inexpensive all digital models. Goodluck and good shopping. Jerry