Question about Compaq Evo D500 PC Desktop
I'm burning to dvd using windows media dvd maker and am burning at slow speed. However, when I put the finished product in my home dvd player it only plays for a few minutes then starts to skip a little then freezes.
Hello, this is more than likely the media you're using. The best to use for this are verbatim-r or taiyo yuden-r dvds. Also, could be your burner. Imgburner is the most popular one used which is free
Posted on Nov 20, 2008
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Dec 07, 2016 | Audio Players & Recorders
on Apr 08, 2010 | Computers & Internet
Oct 01, 2016 | Verbatim DVD-RW Rewritable Disc - 4.7GB,...
• Do you have any third party CDDVD burning software?
• Are you able to burn DVD's using windows explorer?
First I would suggest that you try burning using another DVD and check if it works.
Try one or more of the following:
Verify that the DVD burner is connected properly to your computer and powered on, and that any necessary software drivers for the DVD burner are installed. You can check your hardware settings in the Device Manager by doing the following:
1. Click Start, and then click Control Panel.
2. Click Hardware and Sound.
3. Click Device Manager.
• Make sure that the videos you're trying to burn are not corrupted. To see whether the videos you want to burn is corrupted, try playing or viewing them using Windows Media Player. If the files don't play using the Player, Windows DVD Maker cannot burn them.
• Choose a slower burning speed for your DVD burner by doing the following:
1. Return to the Add pictures and video to the DVD page, and then click Options.
2. In the DVD burner speed box, select Medium or Slow.
Troubleshoot problems with creating a DVD-Video using Windows DVD Maker
Change Windows DVD Maker DVD-Video settings
Check if you are able to burn DVD successfully using Windows Explorer.
Burn a CD or DVD
Check in the event viewer to know the cause of the DVD burning failure and post back with the details.
What information appears in event logs? (Event Viewer)
Hope this helps!
Halima S - Microsoft Support.
Visit our Microsoft Answers Feedback Forum and let us know what you think.
Aug 25, 2011 | Compaq Computers & Internet
Nov 02, 2010 | Computers & Internet
Jan 17, 2009 | HP Pavilion dv6000z Notebook
Apr 09, 2017 | Televison & Video
Jul 26, 2008 | Computers & Internet
Nov 13, 2007 | Lite On LH-20A1H DVD RW Dual Layer Burner
68 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: