Follow the instructions below to install the print cartridges for the first time.
Installing print cartridges
Step one: Install the print cartridges
Follow these steps to install the cartridges.
Step two: : Align the print cartridge
- Open the cartridge door.
The carriage moves to the far right side of the product.
Figure 1: Open the cartridge door
Remove the new cartridge from its packaging and, being careful to touch onlythe black plastic, gently remove the plastic tape by using the pink pull tab.
Figure 2: Remove tape from cartridge
1 - Copper-colored contacts
2 - Plastic tape with pink pull tab (must be removed before installing)
3 - Ink nozzles under tape
Do not touch the cartridge ink nozzles or copper contacts. Touching these parts will result in clogs, ink failure, and bad electrical connections.Do not remove the copper strips. They are required electrical contacts.
Figure 3: Do not touch the ink nozzles or copper contacts.
- Slide each new cartridge forward into the empty slot. Then gently push theupper part of the cartridge forward until it clicks into place.
Figure 4: Insert the cartridge
- Insert the tri-color cartridge into the left slot.
- Insert the black cartridge into the right slot.
- Close the cartridge door.
The product prompts you to align cartridges every time you install a cartridge. You can also align the cartridges at any time from the control panel, or byusing the software you install with the product. Aligning the cartridgesensures high quality output.
- Make sure you have letter or A4 unused plain white paper loaded in the input tray.
Press OK. The product prints an alignment page.
- Place the alignment page print-side down on the scanner glass.
Press OK to scan the alignment page. When the scan finishes, the alignment is complete.
If you have colored paper loaded in the input tray when you align the cartridges, the alignment will fail. Load unused plain white paper into the inputtray, and then try the alignment again.