I have been able to load tracks onto my Sony A3000 Walkman and listen to them, but I am finding that the tracks are speeding up for a milisecond to a second at a time and then returning to normal speed, and persisting in doing it throughout the songs. I think it is only doing it on the tracks that have been ripped onto my PC in .wma format from CDs, it doesn't seem to do it on songs I have downloaded in mp3 format from the internet. I am currently in the process of re-ripping all my CDs using the Connect software rather than Windows Media Player to rip the tracks, but it is very time consuming, and if someone thinks this is NOT my problem I'd like to know now so I can still return the player, as I only bought it 2-3 weeks ago.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
The Sony NWZ-S616F (4 GB) sometimes plays the musical tracks out of sequence. To check if the tracks are being played correctly, press the down arrow key ↓ at any time until the name of the book or music is selected.Then press the ► button and the tracks will show up. If they are in wrong order, select track 1 and press ►.
Follow these steps-
- Open the Sony Walkman from "My Computer".
- Open the folder inside, then delete all the "DAT" files.
- Open the second foler which is inside the first foler and delete all these files.
- Close that and then open up "SonicStage"
- Now delete all the files from your library, but, DO NOT delete them from your computer.
- Now import all the songs again and it should pick up the device and start to transfer with no problems.
I have done this with my Sony Walkman and it now works.
If you experiance more problems contact me at
Ive searched but can't find anything on your error code. It seems Sony made a real lemon with this unit and made many thousands of people very unhappy.
Most of the trouble seems to originate with the lousy software. The latest downloads can be found at http://www.sonydigital-link.com/DNA/WM/NWH/NWH.asp?l=en
Personally if I owned it and had the chance I'd be going for a more reliable unit.
Check out this site for unhappy customers. http://www.kanai.net/weblog/archive/2006/01/24/08h35m18s