Guitar hereo wont work on slimline ps2
I had the same issue (since Christmas). Today it was rainy, so I spent some time with kids and here is what worked for me
Here's what I did to fix the same problem on my PS2 (Slim model # SCPH-70012). This should work for all models of PS2's. (Slim or Fat). Sony says all models can read a dual layer disc.
1) Start up the PS2 with no disc in it.
2) Highlight the 'Browser' menu and press the 'green triangle' button.
3) Highlight the 'Console' menu and press the 'green triangle' button.
4) Highlight the 'Diagnostics' menu and press the 'blue X' button and select 'ON'.
5) Press the 'red O' button to back out of this menu.
6) Highlight the 'PlaystationDrive' menu and press the 'green triangle' button.
7) Highlight the 'Disc Speed' menu and press the 'blue X' button and select 'FAST'.
8) Press the 'red O' button to back out of this menu.
9) Turn off your PS2.
10) Insert the disc and turn the PS2 back on. The diagnostics should run and automatically adjust your PS2 to play the game. I was amazed! Mine loaded right up after several previous days of nothing.
11) I checked the settings after the initial load and the Diagnostics and Drive speed reset to normal so it must be a one time run thing. My game has loaded everytime since and I haven't had to re-do the settings at all.
I hope this works for you too!!
Mar 16, 2009 |
Sony PlayStation 2 (PS2) Console