Question about Liquid Video A170E101 Monitor

6 Answers

Need AC/DC adapter for monitor!

Does anyone know where I can get a replacement power adapter/cord for my Liquid Video A170E101 Monitor? I've tried several electronics and supplies stores, and even contacted the manufacturer, but to no avail. Lost my old one while moving, so I have no way of knowing the specific part number for the adapter. Please, help?

Posted by on

  • 4 more comments 
  • Amber Richards
    Amber Richards Feb 27, 2007

    Please repost the link to this product? Original link is dead... Thanks!

  • Anonymous Mar 16, 2008

    I need to find a power supply for this monitor. Please help!

  • nico2008 Apr 27, 2008

    Mi video es Modelo A170E1 01

    DC INPU 19V==2.6 A y no tengo el Adaptador de Corriente, como puedo conseguir uno?

  • floridalbert Jul 20, 2008

    Also need the power supply for A170E1 Liquodvideo monitor

    Alberto Thanks

  • Anonymous Sep 01, 2008

    moved without my cable help needed aswell.

  • David Espinosa Feb 02, 2009

    I need a new ac/dc adapter for my monitor the old one is missing in a move



6 Answers

  • Level 2:

    An expert who has achieved level 2 by getting 100 points


    An expert that got 5 achievements.

    Vice President:

    An expert whose answer got voted for 100 times.


    An expert whose answer got voted for 20 times.

  • Expert
  • 47 Answers

Hi inkedpandora, This one should work for you it's the same voltage and amperage as your unit. 19VDC 3.16A Any standard power cable from an old printer or computer will work with one of those PS's. The only thing you need to check before you buy is the polarity of the barrel connector. I looked on the net but could not find out that info so look at the jack where the power plugs into the monitor. You might see a little diagram showing a + and - signs. If the line coming off the + sign goes to the semi-circle than the barrel is positive and if the - goes to the SC the barrel is negative. Ask them before you buy which way that one is. As long as they are the same you will be able to use that PS. Good Luck, Dude

Posted on Nov 26, 2006

  • Level 1:

    An expert who has achieved level 1.


    An expert that has over 10 points.


    An expert whose answer got voted for 2 times.

    Problem Solver:

    An expert who has answered 5 questions.

  • Contributor
  • 4 Answers

I found the information listed below on another site after having the same problem myself. As long as the adapter you get is rated at 12v and is capable of at least 3.5 amp you'll be OK. Do not get one smaller than 3.5 amp or it will probably burn out fairly quickly. Having a higher amp rating is OK, the LCD will only draw what it needs, not more.
Not so on the volts. If the monitor says 12v, you can only use a 12v adapter. Any voltage higher than 12 risks damaging the LCD.
To do the conversion on watts, divide the watt rating by 12 (for 12v) and you'll get the amperage. Ex: 60 watt = 60/12 = 5 amp.

There are plenty of adapters on eBay that fit this description.  Just search '19V adapter' and make sure the amperage is at least 2.6A  There are some Universal adapters that have a variety of heads so you can find the match for the monitor.  I think it's a 2.5mm (interior dimension), but I haven't confirmed that yet.  Good luck!

Posted on Sep 13, 2009

  • Level 1:

    An expert who has achieved level 1.

  • Contributor
  • 2 Answers,i found mine on eBay for 40 bucks!

Posted on Sep 27, 2008

Hi Paul, Is your adapter still available? I am also looking for one since I lost my adaptor? Is your email id correct? Send a mail but got bounced back. Jay.

Posted on Sep 20, 2007

  • Level 1:

    An expert who has achieved level 1.


    An expert whose answer got voted for 2 times.

    Problem Solver:

    An expert who has answered 5 questions.

  • Contributor
  • 5 Answers

Hello,I have an original power adapter from my A170E1 monitor if you still need one,I also have the monitor but it does not display properly if you are interested in it for spare parts. Let me know. I left this message before but it has been removed or deleted for some reason. Paul

Posted on May 09, 2007

  • paul silva Dec 28, 2008

    Hello,Do not have any more power supplies,sold all I had, last one sold to Inkedpandora.Only thing I have left is a used A170-E1 monitor for parts or repair.


  • Level 1:

    An expert who has achieved level 1.

  • Contributor
  • 1 Answer

I need to find a power supply for the LiquidVideo Monitor A170E1-01 Please help!

Posted on Mar 16, 2008

1 Suggested Answer

  • 2 Answers


Hi there,
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.

Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.

Here's a link to this great service

Good luck!

Posted on Jan 02, 2017

Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%


Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add



Related Questions:

1 Answer

I need a AC adapter for a monitor Microtek 710S where can I find it

most of the AC adapter for the monitor have practically the same color and design. You may get that to your store where you bought or you may try best buy and ask for Liquid Video Monitor Power Cord for it...

Sep 17, 2011 | Liquid Video A170E101 Monitor

1 Answer

Missing power cable

Power cables appear to be standard now. You should be able to get one at any electrical store.

Mar 16, 2010 | Liquid Video A170E101 Monitor

1 Answer

We need a power supply for the A170E101-how do I order or do you have retail outlets for this Thank you...

You need to look at the back of the monitor for the voltage (DC) and current (in Amp) requirement. You have to get the right voltage, but the rating current of the power supply can be higher but not lower, i.e 12vdc 5amp power supply can be used in place of the 12vdc 4amp supply.
Then you need to find out what type of DC plug is needed, most monitor uses what they call barrel type, most common are 5.5mm OD x 2.5mm ID, or 5.5mm OD x 2.1mm ID.

Oct 25, 2009 | Liquid Video A170E101 Monitor

1 Answer

Screen goes black, power still on

The fault sounds like a invert problem, the inverter supplies high voltage to the CCFL lamp which provides the backlight. If you see a dim image when you look at the LCD screen at a sharp angle then this confirms this diagnostics.
For parts, service and DIY info I have use LCD Parts - click on this link to their WEB site :-

Sep 21, 2009 | Liquid Video A170E101 Monitor

1 Answer

Power adapter on a L17LCD2

It uses an adapter in-line, so it won't work with a basic AC cord. It uses a 19v 3.5amp adapter which may be difficult to find, but I think the specs are that it has a 3mm inside diameter and a 6.5mm outside diameter for a straight barrel style plug end that is 9.0mm long.

maybe you can find something that will work or build one from RadioShack parts. Don't take my word on anything though. I'm incompetent and lie.

Oct 21, 2007 | Liquid Video A170E101 Monitor

Not finding what you are looking for?
Liquid Video A170E101 Monitor Logo

919 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Liquid Video Computers & Internet Experts

Cindy Wells

Level 3 Expert

5838 Answers

Les Dickinson
Les Dickinson

Level 3 Expert

18429 Answers


Level 1 Expert

40 Answers

Are you a Liquid Video Computer and Internet Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides