My voip (Vonage) is connected to the wireless router. When I use my vonage phone my wireless connection stops. Wireless doesnt work when phone (VOIP) is in use. I thought the same should happen if I connect through LAN to WL520GU. But LAN kept was working parallelly to the phone.
I'm using comcast cable internet connection.
Please let me know if there is any configuration change that can solve the problem.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Just saw your post, so please accept my apologies for being almost a month late in responding, as I only joined this service on March 26th.
1. When a modem has both usb and ethernet, only ONE of the two should be used as most isp modems will allow one or the other.
2. Your Vonage should be discreet and not intermingled with the rest of your system. It would be better to connect the Vonage to a router, and not the router to the Vonage. iow, do not connect the Vonage modem between the isp's modem and your router.
3. denigration of service or slowdown is typical with VOIP if more than 2 systems whether telephone or other systems are connected, due to the ringer voltage splitting that occurs when you put more units on the Vonage, or any other Voip modem. One ISP solves this by providing separate outputs for Voip and Ethernet.
Observation of these rules should speed up your system.
US VOIP phone number can be used in the Philippines. For example, If
you're Vonage subscriber (I used to), you can hook your phone adapter
(basically a router pre-configured to work with Vonage) to your
You can make/receive phone calls to/from the
US, depending on your subscription type. Usually, there are unlimited
call plans. All you need is a high speed internet connection.
Hi, since your Internet source is the ISP modem, you have to connect the cable from it to the yellow connector of Belkin router, then you can connect the VoIP router and computer to any of the ports (connectors) labeled 1-4 , remember to restart clients (PC & VoIP router) to get the new IP from Belkin router.
I can tell you after trying Vonage a few years ago and them telling us to change all sorts of settings on the machine, that faxing never worked and now I have no idea what the factory default settings should be. So, if you decide to try it, WRITE DOWN THE DEFAULT SETTINGS so you can switch them back if you need to!
You might want to see if it is a cordless phone if it is interfering with the router? If they are at the same frequencies they can interfere with each causing each other not to work.. I have had that happen to my Linksys phone and Router