My printout is not sharp
Step one: Print a cleaning page using the control panel
You can clean the interior of the product by using the Cleaning mode function on the product control panel. To do this, follow these steps:
1. From the control panel, press Setup .
2. Use the arrow buttons (http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf-JAVA/Doc/images/c01393346.gif ) to select Service , and press OK .
3. Use the arrow buttons (http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf-JAVA/Doc/images/c01393346.gif ) to select Cleaning mode , and press OK .
4. When prompted, load plain letter or A4 paper into the input tray.
5. Press OK to confirm and begin the cleaning process. A page feeds slowly through the product.
6. Discard the page when the process is complete.
7. Wipe the paper width guides and the paper path with a dry, lint-free cloth.
Step two: Clean the scanner glass and the cover
1. Turn off the product, disconnect the power cord from the product and the wall outlet, and then wait for the product to cool.
2. Open the scanner cover.
3. Gently wipe the scanner glass and the cover with a soft cloth or sponge that has been moistened with nonabrasive glass cleaner.
4. · Dry the glass and lid with a lint-free cloth, chamois, or a cellulose sponge to prevent spotting. Do not use paper-based wipes or tissues that can scratch the glass, or leave fiber residue.
5. · Close the scanner lid.
Step three: Clean the pickup roller
1. Push the release button, and open the print cartridge door.
2. Remove the print cartridge and find the pickup roller.
3. Release and remove the pickup roller.
a. Pull the small, white tabs on either side of the pickup roller outward.
b. Rotate the pickup roller toward the front.
c. Gently pull the pickup roller up and out.
4. Clean the pickup roller with a lint-free cloth, lightly moistened with water.
5. Allow the pickup roller to dry completely.
6. Reinstall the pickup roller.
a. Position the pickup roller in the slot.
b. Rotate the top of the pickup roller away from you until both sides snap into place.
7. Replace the print cartridge, and close the print cartridge door.
8. Reconnect the power cord to the product and to the wall outlet, turn on the product, and then try again to print.
* If these steps resolved the issue , you do not need to continue troubleshooting.
* If the issue persists , see the next solution.
Solution five: Check the driver settings
Try to resolve the issue by adjusting the driver settings.
Step one: Check the printer default
1. Open the Printer or the Printers and Faxes window.
o Windows XP : Click Start , and click Printers and Faxes .
o Windows Vista : Click the Vista icon (http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf-JAVA/Doc/images/c01319360.gif ), click Control Panel , click Hardware and Sound , and then click Printer .
2. Find your product, and check whether it is selected as the default printer.
o If the product icon appears with a checkmark (http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf-JAVA/Doc/images/c01854338.gif ), skip to the next step.
o If the product icon does not appear with a checkmark (http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf-JAVA/Doc/images/c01854338.gif ), right-click the product icon, and select Set as Default Printer .
Jan 02, 2010 |
HP LaserJet M1120 MFP All-In-One Printer