I was experiencing a problem where the volume would go high on the bar on the screen, and then go back to zero. but the bar stayed on there. Now I am experiencing a problem where the channels rotate on the TV Screen, and I can use remote most of the time to go to channel 3 and it clears up for a bit then comes back on same way. Can you advise woud would be causing this? I thought maybe it was in the remote. I took batteries out and replaced them but is still doing same thing. Could it be that the remote conked out and not working properly? I appreciate any help. Thanks. ****
A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones). click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. Good luck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Depending on your TV, here are the generic steps Toshiba has outlined to reset your TV:
1. Press the MENU button on the remote (or MENU on the TV) to open the Setup menu.
2. Using the arrow keys on the remote (or volume / channel on the TV), highlight INSTALLATION at the top of the menu and press ENTER. A new set of INSTALLATION menu icons will appear.
3. Highlight the SYSTEM STATUS menu at the top.
4. Highlight SYSTEM INFORMATION below and press ENTER.
5. At the top of the SYSTEM INFORMATION window, use the arrow keys on the remote (or volume / channel on the TV) to scroll Left/Right through the menu bar to select FACTORY DEFAULTS. Press ENTER.
6. Highlight YES and press ENTER. To cancel the reset process, select NO and press ENTER.
Ur tv convergence are dead.Must know how to solders?Must repalced 2 STK convergence ICS,and some or all it resistors.Tries websites Tv repair World.com,Tvrepairkits.com to buy a convergence kit to rerpair the tv ur self.The shop will cost u $300-350 for parts and labors.
Go into the TV's closed-caption settings and turn off captioning. You'll find it's set for "text" mode right now. What's happening is that in text mode, the set blanks out the part of the screen where the text will go but there isn't any. On channels or programs where captions aren't being broadcast you don't see anything. With the captions turned off the box will go away.
due to the long time the buttons were not used, they tend to get stuck and this causes channels eighter to stay in one station or continou scanning. it could be resolved by spraying WD40 on the buttons and press it many times then dry it before operating the unit.
You need the original remote controller to be able to switch input modes.Universal ones usually don't work. If you don't have the original remote and can't find it ever or if it is too expensive you can buy an rf modulator ( very cheap) and connect your dvd player, game console etc) to the modulator then connect the modulator to your antenna with a coax cable. This worked for me. It placed the connection to channel 4 and other cable channels are still working,
You can buy the RF Modulator from: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=180299245670
If the television is connected to a cable box such as Time Warner's HD box, the picture mode can be changed by pressing the '#' on the cable box's remote keypad (where the channel numbers are). This cycles the picture between zoom, normal, and stretch which could be cause of your problem.