Question about Fanstel Caller ID Box Phone

1 Answer

I have accidently corrupted the caller I.D Unit by possibly spilling sweet soda on it. The batteries are fine. Perhaps I need a new unit, but can't figure how to order a new one! Dan Rogers - St. Louis, MO. 314-983-0666

Posted by on

1 Answer

  • Level 1:

    An expert who has achieved level 1.

  • Contributor
  • 2 Answers

Dan: Did you try fanstel.com?

Posted on Nov 14, 2008

1 Suggested Answer

6ya6ya
  • 2 Answers

SOURCE: I have freestanding Series 8 dishwasher. Lately during the filling cycle water hammer is occurring. How can this be resolved

Hi,
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
goodluck!

Posted on Jan 02, 2017

Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%

my-video-file.mp4

Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add

×

Loading...
Loading...

Related Questions:

1 Answer

Why wont my flasher unit shut off


Possibly the button is stuck in? That can happen if someone spills soda around the button.

Sep 09, 2014 | 1997 Buick LeSabre

1 Answer

Soda was spilled on sharp el1179p


do not power on the device, it is crucial that you leave it to dry and as soon as possible put it in a bag of rice. The rice will absorb the moisture in the device. You should give it about two weeks (the longer the better) and you should have completely removed all battery components at this point if there are any. After a generous waiting period of two weeks or so, take it out of the rice and give it a try. I spilled a full 8 oz cup of hot coffee RIGHT into my laptop keyboard and it immediately shut off but I followed the above steps and I am using it right now just fine and it is a year later. Good luck!

Apr 08, 2014 | Sharp EL-1611P Calculator

1 Answer

HOW to get rid of the battery acid spill in the boot


washing with lots of water mixed with baking soda. the mixture to use is on the box. Remove any carpets and other remove able items and watch out for computers or electrical devices , power antenneas and any thing water can damgage. Sponge mop and keep doing it till you can run your finger across any surface and can't taste any acid if you won't try to taste it then you need to wash it till your willing to. If it tastes like lemon then keep washing till it tastes sweet like your soda water.

Dec 05, 2009 | 2003 Volvo S80

1 Answer

Terrible smell from the washer. This is a new


do not use baking soda this will react with your detergent and leave smelly deposits and reduce the wash performance modern good quality detergents contain everything needed for a good wash result and a sweet smelling machine. try a hot wash with detergent and an empty load to get rid of smell.

Nov 07, 2009 | Bosch 24 in. SHU43 Built-in Dishwasher

1 Answer

Batteries were left in the magic sing main microphone.


First, You should know that a leaking battery does not always mean any electronics the battery fluid has touched is ruined.  Quite often, depending on the severity of the leak, most battery fluid spills can be quickly and easily remedied with a few common household items, and maybe a trip to the electronics or hardware store.     Most alkaline batteries store their electrical charge in a chemical device, the battery cartridge.consumer electronics (AAA, AA, C, D, AND 9VOLT)  batteries are composed of alkaline electrolyte of potassium hydroxide and zinc powder and a chemical insulator between the two nodes.  Over time, alkaline batteries are prone to leaking potassium hydroxide, a caustic agent that can cause respiratory, eye and skin irritation.  When a battery leaks usually the cathode or + end with the raised button will leak the caustic potassium hydroxide fluid into the battery case of your microphone.  The battery fluid can cause a lack of conductivity on the battery terminals of your microphone and sometimes the circuitry also.     SOLUTION: First collect these items,   Rubber gloves.  The latex tight fitting type for protection from the caustic potassium hydroxide. Cotton swabs. You can use the small double ended cardboard type found in any drugstore or pharmacy.  A good electronics store will have long wood handled cleaning swabs (usually single-ended or one swab per wooden stick) if you need more reach inside to clean the compartment..  A small cup or can.  Warm water.  Baking soda. Paper towels or napkins. very fine sandpaper (400 grit or higher) or emery cloth.  dish soap. cotton swabs. an old toothbrush and clean , lint free rags. a blow dryer Open and disassemble the microphone as much as possible without disconnecting any soldered wires.  The idea here is to access ALL the surfaces of the mic so they can be cleaned of the caustic potassium hydroxide.  Make a nice solution of about one cup of warm water with one drop of dish soap add one tablespoon of baking soda. Stir well. With your gloves on, use the baking soda solution to clean the terminals and surrounding areas where the fluid has spilled. Use swabs, cotton and towels with the solution to clean the terminals, the surrounding areas and any circuit boards of the spilled fluid.  Do this as soon as you discover the problem, otherwise the powerful corrosive effects of the fluid will cause iron and zinc oxides (rust) to form and these will require a more aggressive approach, namely abrasives. If there are any rust like deposits left after cleaning with the baking soda wash use the blow dryer to completely dry everything.   Sanding should be kept to a minimum but is sometimes "a necessary evil".  The idea is to clean the nickel chrome battery terminals and NOT remove their nickel chrome from the spring-steel battery holder/terminals.  You want to clean the terminals, not remove so much material that the conductive plating is also removed or the battery doesn't fit because the gap filled by the battery is enlarged.  You just want to clean the chrome surface of the battery terminals of your device.  Make sure the unit is clean and completely dry before installing new batteries.  re-assemble your device if necessary, load new batteries and power up!    This is a common repair for any unit which has been stored with old batteries, or if exposed to prolonged heat  or humidity. Store all battery powered devices, especially transmitters, or remote controls in a cool, dry, place, removing battteries if stored over 6 weeks.    If this solution provides no repair, it would be reccommended to seek the Manufacturer's authorized repair center nearest you, or just replace the unit.

Dec 11, 2008 | Magic Sing Along Consumer Microphone

1 Answer

Igniter clicking when all four knobs in off position after water spill


It is possible that once the unit dries out the clicking will stop. If it doesn't, you will need to call someone to have the problem addressed. You will need a spark module and or an ignition switch(s).

Oct 28, 2008 | GE 30 in. JGP336 Gas Cooktop

1 Answer

Batter spill over


Without knowing too many details...

Seems to me it may be a rising-too-quickly problem. Could be you are at altitude, or maybe this particular unit is getting hotter than normal. Try using a little less baking soda.

Conversely, perhaps it's a too-slippery-problem, if this is a Teflon coated unit maybe there is a little too much oil in the batter or you are being a little generous when oiling the waffle iron before putting in the batter.

Some thoughts for you.

Please vote if you thought this was helpful! :-)

Jan 13, 2008 | Cuisinart WAF6 Waffle Maker

1 Answer

Remote Control


Most likely the soda gummed up the contacts inside the remote. You can disassemble the remote and clean the contacts on the pc board and, if it has one, the rubber membrane, which is conductive. Use a pencil eraser for the metal contacts on the pc board after cleaning it.
Ralph

Dec 18, 2007 | RCA 32F531T 32" TV

2 Answers

My Zen Sleek Photo is a victim of a soda spill


Impurities in the soda (sugars, salt, etc...) can mess up both the electronics and the controls in an electronic device.  Getting the impurities out of the unit is the problem.  One solution I have used successfully with my cellphone (contaminated by sweat):

Remove the battery if possible (definitely turn the unit off!).  Soak the unit in CLEAN (no soap or other additives), warm (not hot) water, swishing it around gently from time to time, for a couple of hours.  If the water turns at all cloudy, replace it with clean water.  Then let the unit dry completely before turning it back on.  This may take several days, putting the unit in front of a dry air source such as a fan, shaking the unit gently from time to time (to move any water pockets around so they dry faster).

It worked on my phone, but my phone has no disk drive.  If it's not working anyway, this may be worth a try.  Good luck!

Oct 07, 2007 | Creative Labs Zen Sleek Photo MP3 Player

Not finding what you are looking for?
Fanstel Caller ID Box Phone Logo

Related Topics:

166 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Fanstel Lands Phones Experts

kakima

Level 3 Expert

102366 Answers

ray gallant

Level 3 Expert

41139 Answers

shuyumeng
shuyumeng

Level 3 Expert

951 Answers

Are you a Fanstel Lands Phone Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides

Loading...