Question about GE 106591 Coffee Maker
Is there a way to raise the temp. on the grill to make the coffee hotter?
I have to microwave the coffee, it's never hot enough!
You could replace the part but you might want to try a better brand like Krups or Braun
If you have a sentimental need to keep it you could have the thermostat and hot plate replaced
Posted on Feb 16, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Dec 13, 2014 | Coffee Makers & Espresso Machines
Apr 19, 2014 | DeLonghi Perfecta ESAM5500 Fully Automatic...
Here is what I would do;
1. Determine if you have noticed a change. i.e was the coffee hotter in the past or has it always been this temperature. If the cups are cold or the amount of water used for each cup is small then the resulting coffee will be cooler than if warm cups were used or if the amount of water used was larger. Also if the water is not hot enough you will not get a good Crema and coffee taste will not be correct.
2. Assuming the problem is not '1' above then the likely causes is the flow through water heater. This heater is used to heat water for coffee and also for the hot water. So if the hot water pipe is also not producing hot water then you know it's a problem with the flow through water heater or power control of this module. In addition to the actual heater there is a temperature limiter, temperature fuse and a temperature sensor. If some heating occurs then it is not the temperature fuse. But it could be a fault in the actual heater, the sensor or the limiter. These components are at mains voltage and thus identification of the fault and replacement of defective parts should ONLY be performed by a trained Miele technician. So if this is the problem its best to call Miele.
I hope this helps. Regards
Mar 10, 2014 | Miele CVA4070 Coffee Maker
Dec 11, 2012 | DeLonghi ESAM6600 Espresso Machine
Check your programmed temperature setting; perhaps your machine has been set at low or medium.
Following are the instruction for Setting the Temperature from the manual for the ESAM6700.
Setting the Temperature
1. Press the P button to enter the menu;
2. Press the < or > until "Set Temperature" is displayed;
3. Press the OK icon;
4. Turn < or > until the required temperature (high, medium, low) is displayed;
5. Press the OK icon to confirm (or the ESC icon to cancel the operation);
6. Press the button to exit the menu.
For a hotter coffee, before delivery rinse the appliance through by pressing the Rinse icon and confirming with the OK icon. Hot water
flows out of the coffee spouts and heats the internal circuit of the machine so that the coffee delivered will be hotter.
For an even hotter coffee, heat the cups by rinsing them with the hot water.
Mar 22, 2011 | DeLonghi Prima Donna Avante ESAM6700...
Oct 03, 2009 | Nespresso Lattissima 660.R
794 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!