Question about Computers & Internet
Couldn't get the software to install, error- ''Can't find any photoviewer, or another program owns it. The program will exit!''. The manual claimed this is due to a lack of admin access (but my account is the admin account).Coby recommended ''playing'' around with it, didn't work. You get what you pay for...don't expect a lot and you will probably be happy.
You need to make sure the usb cable is in all the way to the viewer. You have to push it hard. No silver showing. Always need the viewer plugged in first before starting the viewer program. After that it is pretty simple.
Posted on May 06, 2009
This is from Amazon.com. I tried and it worked.
1. Plug the PhotoViewer into a USB port to fully charge the battery.
2. Install the software from the CD.
3. When the PhotoViewer is fully charged, disconnect it from the USB port
4. Re-start the computer.
5. Plug the PhotoView into a USB port. The screen on the PhotoViewer prompts for either USB charge or USB update. Select USB update.
6. Run the program installed in step 2. It should now work.
Posted on Mar 05, 2009
See if your PhotoViewer.exe file is the following: 8/22/2007 4:55PM 316KB. If not, then try getting it off the Coby website. You'll need to have the software WINZIP to extract the files after downloading it. Also make sure when you first plug in the digital photo viewer that you select "USB Update" ("USB Charge" and "USB Update" are first shown on the digital photo viewer screen... that one got me!).
I finally got mines working! Good luck to you guys!
Posted on Dec 23, 2008
I too got the same error. I pretty combined all solutions above n did something n was able to work with it. let me summarise.
1) first mistake i did was i dint fully plug in the wire to the device. Once i did that correctly my system identified the usb.
2) I dint extract the zip files into a folder!
3) After this finally i used USB update option while transferin pics!
4) Used the instructions in Coby website manual to transfer files!
N yes it really is good...
Posted on Aug 31, 2009
I cant get it to work dolby151
Posted on Dec 11, 2008
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jan 06, 2009 | Computers & Internet
Dec 24, 2008 | Computers & Internet
Nov 15, 2008 | Computers & Internet
Jul 13, 2008 | Computers & Internet
Jun 26, 2008 | Palm Computers & Internet
Jun 23, 2008 | Palm Treo 750 Smartphone
Jun 20, 2008 | RIM BlackBerry Pearl 8100
May 04, 2008 | Computers & Internet
Apr 22, 2008 | Computers & Internet
Apr 19, 2008 | RIM BlackBerry Pearl 8100
Jan 24, 2017 | The Computers & Internet
2,512 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!